Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @XMG can I buy the thunderbolt 3 to display port adapter anywhere on Amazon in the US? I cant seem to confirm from anyone that gsync actually works through the thunderbolt 3 port to external monitor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You know something I would think would be pretty cool would be if there was a button that would turn off all the rgb in the keyboard and only light up 9 keys that are temporarily bound as a numpad within the keyboard, maybe I sound crazy saying this but I think it'd be an interesting use of the per key rgb lighting

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Jason Chang

Jason Chang Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey @B0B if you have an integrated aux with audio and mic, would it still work in the audio port? Or does the mic need a separate plug? Thanks for all you've done getting the information out there!

3. mkoev

mkoev Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What great review B0B, thanks so much. How hard was it to repaste the machine? This laptop seems to be very well made and for a casual gamer like myself who's also looking for lightweight\portable machine and does not care about ultra graphic settings this hits all the right spots. I gotta say I was very skeptic at first and I even tried to compare to the new Razor Blade 15 1660ti, but the MAG-15 holds its ground steadily. I was also thinking about y740, but it weights 2.2 kg and I am definitely looking for less than 2kg. Hopefully Christmas sales will chop some of that 1600 EUR off.

dreamcat4 likes this.
  4. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,

we are back from a wild national holiday yesterday. Still shipping pre-orders every day. A recent user review has popped up here.

[​IMG]

Does it help if I tell you:
    • I know for a fact that the Thunderbolt 3 port on this laptop is tied to the dedicated GPU. The same is true for our XMG PRO and XMG ULTRA series
    • I'm a big fan of variable refresh rate and I have personally tested this with XMG FUSION 15 on my Acer XB271HU 144Hz G-SYNC monitor while playing various high-speed games

You can use any adapter that uses the "DisplayPort Alt Mode".

Example: https://www.startech.com/AV/display...deo-adapters/usb-c-displayport-adapter~CDP2DP

Rule of thumb: if the adapter or cable is marketed as supporting "4K @ 60Hz" then you can be 99.9% sure that this is a native DP adapter and it will support G-SYNC, because it will just serve as a passive conduit between your NVIDIA GPU and your monitor and it will not get in the way of your native DisplayPort signals.

Cheers,
    XMG|Tom

Arondel, dreamcat4 and Sym. like this.
  5. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    @XMG,
    thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions. I have another that my have been answered before (but I can't find it). Do you have any specs on the barrel connector used for the power adapter? I'd love to see if there are any thinner/lighter adapters that would work for this laptop for "light use." Really I'd like to see if the Razer 165w adapter I already have would work, lol.

*On edit*
    I see this was already answered here. On a quick glance it looks like the 165w adapter would work. Now I have to figure out a way to make this purchase sound like a good idea to the wife ;).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    B0B likes this.
  6. XMG

Reputations:
    Sure thing.

Inner Diameter: 2.5mm
    Outer Diameter: 5.5mm
    Length: 12.5mm

Check out this chart:

[​IMG]

(click picture for full version)

Cheers,
    XMG|Tom

alaskajoel, B0B, Arondel and 2 others like this.
  7. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks, appreciate the dedication to all the info.

8. andrepd

andrepd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question: length of power supply cable? A short cable is surprisingly annoying. I even bought another adapter for my current laptop because the one included was so short.

9. ranjim

ranjim Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    will high refresh rate (g-sync if possible) external monitors work via the usb c port?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  10. XMG

Reputations:
    It is 1m20 (120cm) between laptop and power brick. The second cable (between brick and wall socket) you can easily replace.

Yes, it supports everything that is supported by DisplayPort 1.2, including G-SYNC and "G-SYNC compatible" (aka FreeSync).
    The USB-C port is driving two seperate DP lanes, so that's basically 2xDP1.2.

With the right Adapter cable, it should even be able to support DisplayPort 1.4 because this is what's coming out of the NVIDIA GPU which drives this port.
    The USB-C/DP-to-DP adapter that we currently ship is officiall rated for DisplayPort 1.2.

Check out this table for reference.

Cheers,
    XMG|Tom

Qwaarjet likes this.