Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. St00pid

St00pid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not sure if anyone has been asking for this but http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tongfang-gk7cn6s-gk7cp0s-gk7cp7s.825461/page-54 is a working fan controller for the QC7, I have only just loaded it and it seems to work although it's a bit slow to ram up fan speeds when I was testing it in fixed speed mode.

The above works for me, but I am either using a flat fan curve or in a more aggressive fan curve. MSI afterburner, plus throttlestop and the balanced profile will help. It'll depend on what you are doing but if it's CPU limited then you're pretty stuck, as the CPU is the major source of heat.

2. StormFalcon

StormFalcon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This laptop does run fans that are louder than average. I've never really noticed it though, since I only game with headphones. Are your temps looking normal?

3. liteon6x

liteon6x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Randomisity and seanwee like this.
  4. Skeil

Skeil Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys! What type of screwdriver one would use to open the back cover? I've tried many phillips sizes with no luck and unfortunately I can't even reach the middle ones due to how small the hole are. What's even worse, I think I stripped some of them while attempting to unscrew them.

5. Atma85

Atma85 Newbie

Reputations:
    Use a Pz000 screwdriver if i recall fine it went smoothly with that.
    Buy a set of precision screwdrivers, they last long.

6. rigetto

rigetto Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, this is my first message on this forum :)

Do you guys think this laptop is still worth buying in 2021? Are there any alternatives at the same price range (in continental Europe)?

Since desktop prices are going crazier and crazier I need a laptop to record music, do casual gaming and photoshopping, casual video editing and watching netflix/prime...

I also need it to last at least 5 years. So 16 gb of ram.

What about the dGPU? 1660 or 2070? Worth the price difference?

What XMG Fusion owners honestly think?

I know, I could have read the 211 thread pages, but it's a really long journey ;)

Thank you guys!

7. Fernando Lapa

Fernando Lapa Newbie

Reputations:
    Good evening! I own an Avell A60 notebook in Brazil that is similar to Eluktronics MAG-15 or XMG Fusion 15, it came with Bios version 0122, but a couple of months ago I upgraded to version 0134, through the F7 system, but now I tried upgrade to version 0140 and note startup when I press F7 the screen is locked and no longer opens any options. Has anyone had this problem? or could you help me fix my note's update system?