Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @XMG
    Hey there.
    Saw the Reddit post about your plans with the XMG Fusion 15 for now and the future.

You were mentioning a possible upgrade to the RTX 2070 max q Super and still discussing about it. Since the post on Reddit is 2 months old, I am wondering whether you already made a decision or not. Since I plan to buy the Fusion 15, it would be a pity if e.g. in 3 weeks there would come an upgrade to the Super GPU.

Cheers and thanks for the support so far!

2. eiraku

eiraku Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @boggi I think it's better if you tried to reach @XMG through Reddit these days? He seems a lot more active over there.

3. boggi

boggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @eiraku
    also tried it there. thanks for this hint. @XMG seems to be more active there indeed

4. eiraku

Reputations:
    If anybody is looking for something to replace the inbox "fibre" screen protector sheet, a Logitech G240 mousepad (cut to 19.5mm) fits the QC71 perfectly - right between the top edge of the keyboard to the bottom edge of the touchpad.
    [​IMG]
    The screen almost closes all the way too (like almost 98%, thanks to the G240 being only 1mm thick), and as a bonus, you get a decently sized travel mousepad.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Randomisity likes this.
  5. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Apologies for the late reply. It was never locked in the first place. I opened up afterburner and was able to raise the power limit to 125% without any modifications.

6. Plow

Plow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can you please elaborate on this? It's the first I'm hearing of anyone able to adjust this. In my Afterburner, that setting is locked. The only thing I can do that makes any difference is using Asus GPU Tweak and increasing the GPU Temp Target setting to 87.

upload_2020-11-28_12-59-54.png

Below you can see the Power Limit in Afterburner is locked...
    upload_2020-11-28_13-0-46.png
    &EDIT: Ignore the circle in the right-hand Afterburner Monitor portion of the screenshot.

7. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    Oops my bad, I was thinking about my main rig instead of the laptop. Yeah it was 87% power limit.

Also, I didn't know that asus gpu tweak actually worked. Been using afterburner to raise the power limit and was bummed when afterburner couldn't raise it anymore after the last bios update.

8. eiraku

Reputations:
    Supposedly it does work after BIOS 0122, but only with Benchmark Mode engaged (and only to the NVIDIA max which is 87c anyway).

Gott wonder though, does UV-ing the GPU through AfterBurner help much with the temps, if at all?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  9. Cryptoxic

Reputations:
    Without any modifications, the temp limit caps out at 77C which I felt was way too handicapped for my taste. A 83C temp limit would make more sense but maybe Intel's playing it safe. UVing would handicap the GPU even more since it's already handicapped right out of the factory.

10. eiraku

Reputations:
    Well, there's always GPU Tweak and Benchmark mode. For now most of the stuff I currently play on the thing does pretty well at FHD 72FPS capped (under various settings), even without uncapping with GTweak or any other GPU mods.

Hopefully CP2077 will too lol.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I can force the RGB Keyboard OFF at Boot (while keeping it ON in Windows). Or at the very least change the colour from Blue-White to something else (and tone the brightness down).

As it is the thing's blinding me with white during bootup

Played around with CC's reg entries but no joy so far. Managed to edit CC a bit more to my preferences though along the way (change the CC "name", bottom colour banner and make the tray icons change as per your chosen profile).

There's seems to be some weird RGB lighting modifier app somewhere that seems to be usable on the old 1st-Gen GK5CN5Z (ID-Z/Mech 15) chassis however, that seems to be able to change the "default" RGB light colour on those. I wonder if it still works for the QC7 (and where to even get the app as the links over at the GK5CN5Z thread is dead).

Link to the post in the GK5CN5Z thread (with the dead link): https://bit.ly/2Jz8cYU

Link to the original Baidu thread: https://bit.ly/3mI8g6P

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020