Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. nibbtastic

nibbtastic Newbie

Reputations:
    Btw, does anyone have any picks or videos of the repaste process for the QC71B (RTX 2070) model specifically? I seem to have misplaced a thermal pad and am now experiencing thermal related crashes. Just want to make sure I’m covered everywhere I should be.

Cheers!

2. Diegoweb

Diegoweb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. Djerii

Djerii Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks!
    Actually found the same question in their discord and got it working! You need a .dll file and an other build to get it working on some qc7 laptops. It's flickering a bit. But I'll check with them in their discord if they have a fix.

4. StormFalcon

StormFalcon Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone get dpc_watchdog_violation blue screens? Normally I would dial the undervolt back a bit but google tells me this one is related to SSD drivers.

5. Diegoweb

Reputations:
    I had this error with my Desktop. It was not related to SSD whatsoever.... For some reason Windows Update got a new driver for my Intel Ethernet adapter and something was broken with that update. I just had to go to Device Manager and rollback to a previous driver.

But in short this error is usually something related to drivers, not necessary SSD or ethernet adapter.

I suggest you to download WhoCrashed and run it. It will read all dumps from windows folder and get you an idea what is happening.
    Just make sure when you get a BSOD you let Windows finish the diagnosis and reboot itself, otherwise you may not get the dump file and you will be unable to understand what is happening.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  6. StormFalcon

Reputations:
    Thank you, I will install that and see what's up. I filed a support ticket to eluktronics so hopefully they can give me some pointers.

7. StormFalcon

Reputations:
    Well turns out the issue was related to my soundblasterx g5 drivers and is a relatively common issue, which is a bit unfortunate.

8. mikaris

mikaris Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

Aftershock vapor 15 user here

Anyone having trouble having the laptop supply power to the left USB port in S4/S5?
    It's plugged into the power adapter and hasn't been set to any battery saving modes...
    I can't find any option in the bios, to my knowledge it should supply power even when off given it has the battery symbol next to the port?

Many thanks
    Mika

9. Sandman1402

Sandman1402 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,
    I just have an idea with using Hyperjuice usb-c charger with PD 100W-20V/5A to charge the Mag-15. I saw on Tom reply on Reddit about
    90W Universal Adapter can charge the laptop while in Power saver/ Balanced mode. Is it poossible?
    I am trying to find an usb-c to barrel connector (5.5 x 2.5 x 12.5) but still no hope for the thing.
    Thanks,

10. Diegoweb

Reputations:
    WoW, that's actually a pretty good idea. I've seen some people converting barrel plugs to usb type c, but never come to my mind to use in a laptop.

5.5mm x 2.5mm seems to be pretty easy to find. Only the length is hard to find since most product pages never mention the actual plug length.
    Aren't they supposed to be in a standard 12.5mm?

In AliExpress I found this adaptor:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33034965138.html

While in Amazon US:
    https://www.amazon.com/Female-Rectangle-Charge-Laptop-5-52-5mm/dp/B08331ZNTP/ref=sr_1_5