Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. St00pid

St00pid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can someone test something for me;
    Cold boot Windows make sure that you're not running any MSI Afterburner, ASUS GPU Tweak or throttlestop. Run
    XMG control center (I am on version 2.2.0.16) turn on benchmark mode(in the power settings tab), leave it running
    Block ears
    Run a benchmark, note the score
    alt+tab back to XMG control center and turn off the benchmark mode, again leave it running
    unblock ears
    Run the benchmark again and see if you get the same result?

2. Damibra

Damibra Newbie

Reputations:
    Sounds good grabbing the Essential package! Where drivers are concerned you shouldn't have any issue with a clean install. You should be able to use the drivers and software supplied by XMG or Intel. Ah the branding removal is beyond me, I believe I read where there are different stickers you can get for the lid. For me I'd avoid trying to use any chemicals on such a nice chassis. :p

3. ryajso

ryajso Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey folks, I know it's been addressed before, but having no luck getting Soundblaster Connect working on my new Vapor 15 Pro. Was informed by Aftershock that the device is no longer support by Creative? But haven't seen that elsewhere. I've tried all of the guides on the XMG discussions but the Connect app either never downloads or, when installed manually, is blank with no options. Any advice would be great!

4. Damibra

Damibra Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi ryajso, if you're willing you can try the Creative Soundblaster drivers on the Intel download page. Just use MSinfo and locate your Baseboard product to know the correct model to look for (see attached image). Here's an excerpt from the download page:
    "The Creative Sound Blaster* Application for Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Laptop Kits-LAPQC71A and LAPQC71B provides additional sonic controls for speakers, headphones, and microphones.
    After you've installed the Sound Blaster application and EQ and you connect to the Internet, the Sound Blaster Connect application will be automatically installed from the Windows Store*."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    build6 likes this.
  5. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone, been a long while since I visited this forum.

I saw people online discussing using Project Aurora with the Fusion 15 from XMG, is that possible with Eluktronics MAG 15 ?

If so, does anyone has a tutorial on how to set it up ? I've downloaded the latest version but I'll admit i'm having trouble. Thanks in advance.

6. Diegoweb

Diegoweb Newbie

Reputations:
    It seems to be in development but they need Intel approval to release it.
    A couple posts before they have mentioned it, I'm not sure how it is today though....

7. Djerii

Djerii Newbie

Reputations:
    I have also been trying to get Project-Aurora working but with no luck.

From my understanding there should be support for it?
    At least if you look in the in the release notes for BIOS 0114 and the release notes for Control center

I've got it working with a PS4 controller but not with the built in keyboard of the laptop...

Diegoweb likes this.
  8. nibbtastic

nibbtastic Newbie

Reputations:
    Project Aurora works really well on my Maingear Element 15.

You need to allow it to take over your keyboard’s lighting in Control Center.

It’s in beta support for the QC71 but so far any bugs are momentary. I’ve only noticed some overlays stick, but go away when triggered again. Probably just my layer setup needs tweaking

9. Djerii

Djerii Newbie

Reputations:
    I know. I've got the Aurora Switch checked. But for me nothing gets initialized.
    I can see in the preview that Aurora gets the input when I press a key, but the actual lighting on the keyboard doesn't change at all. It's just a solid color.

10. nibbtastic

nibbtastic Newbie

Reputations:
    I would check in with their discord, as they are actively looking to improve integration.