Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Braxton

Braxton Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I have the CyberPower variant of the QC7, and have been dealing with a strange, strange issue..

My CPU is extremely power-limited when the dPGU (1660Ti, in this case) is active. I cannot get it to pull over 25W while gaming, which causes extremely severe frame drops/frametime issues in various areas.

I have outlined some details here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/XMG_gg/comments/hq60st/fusion_15mag_15qc7_rebrand_cpu_package_power/

Basically, the 'EDP Other' limit reason is constantly 'in effect' or 'red' in ThrottleStop while gaming.

I've tried almost everything at this point, wasn't sure if anyone else had this issue..

EDIT:
    Just an update; I was able to fix it by changing PP0 Power Limit from 60 (Default) to a higher value (I did 200) and dragged the slider to max value for Turbo Time Limit in ThrottleStop.

Instantly fixed!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  2. black-rook

black-rook Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have been having some problems with power consumption on battery. Even with Afterburner/GPU Tweak closed and HWiNFO showing zero sensor information for the GPU, the discharge rate is still around 26-30W even though it shows the CPU package power hovering around 12W. This makes very little sense to me - the screen is at around 40% brightness as well.

Restarting seemingly fixed the issue. I'm still very confused!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  3. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  4. St00pid

St00pid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could only bench in FC5 (B3 wasn't reporting the results) and got 90fps after 3 runs which is pretty normal for my laptop.

5. Howitzer225

Howitzer225 Death Company Dreadnought

Reputations:
  6. Paul16

Paul16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Greetings.
    Does anybody know if mag-15 can be powered on with external keyboard. I want to use laptop at home as "computer". And don't want to open/close lid just to power it.
    If this is possible, do i need to buy specific keyboard with power buttons?
    Thank you!

7. flyflyfly37

flyflyfly37 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody, just got my MAG 15 in the mail (2070MQ). Can someone point me to a post somewhere to properly set this up? I ran a quick firestrike yesterday and only got around 15k... Which is about 2k short of the values I have seen on the forum?

8. build6

build6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    FYI I am unable to wake the machine with either my USB keyboard (that does not have power buttons) or my USB mouse, only the built in (PS/2) keyboard (or power button, or lid) wakes my machine. I've clicked around Device Manager and don't see any power tabs for my attached USB HID devices (if there's a way to enable this, I don't know it)

Paul16 likes this.
  9. Plow

Plow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did Eluktronics simply stop supporting this laptop? I don't follow them on any social media so maybe I missed some sort of statement.

10. Brett0712

Brett0712 Newbie

Reputations:
    They still support it... What makes you think they stopped? They are still selling them and I sent mine in for a repair last month.