Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @eddi3x3x3 regarding your clean driver install for the high package power draw (somewhere in like page 147 or smtg), have you tried it with the latest nvidia drivers yet? The clean install trick is still working perfectly fine on 441.66 but i have thought of updating it

2. KumaOz

KumaOz Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey all - Just wondering if anyone has been having BSOD issues within the past few days when their laptop was running fine (with the exception of wake issues) before that? I am having multiple BSOD a day - I couldn't even "reset" windows and had to do a clean install from a USB drive. I have just had another BSOD since reinstalling so I was wondering if it was a driver issue. Is anyone experiencing the same or know what I can test?

3. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Test if your ram and ssd aren't dying.

4. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi guys, sorry again I didn't have time to read this thread recently. Just want to inform you about some on-going developements:

BIOS Update 0062 is released

Just released today. Includes permanent solution for the very annoying "Periodical Standby (S3) wake-up issue", where some units were not able to automatically enter Hibernate after 180 Minute.s
    Read the full changelog in this post.

Thunderbolt Firmware Update incoming

Not sure if BIOS 0062 already includes all fixes for some of the reported issues with Thunderbolt 3 docks and USB-C port replicators, revolving about Power Delivery.
    But the BIOS 0062 includes a changelog item that does relate to misconfigured Thunderbolt devices in Device Manager (so called "yellow bang").
    We will clarify this ASAP. Updated will be provided in this post.

Upcoming DLC

You probably read this already, because this post is already a month old. Project Aurora support is almost ready, the other items are still "tba" but so far so good. All details here.

Thank you and please help to spread the word! :)

Cheers,
    Tom

elgreco14 and Randomisity like this.
  5. elgreco14

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the exact thickness of the SSD thermal pad in QC7?!

6. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Part Number: PAD,TIF130FG-12U-NS1 30*40*0.75mm,Ziitek

So that's 0.75mm thickness. // Tom

Randomisity and elgreco14 like this.
  7. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I do not believe that this is a common issue as XMG has told me I'm the only one so far that had reported problems with the spacebar. You are the first one besides me that seems to have a problem with the spacebar, although my problem is not exactly the same as yours. The dead zone for me is on the left hand side by the C key. I've messaged a bit with XMG and for me the problem seems to be related to the switch underneath.

Have you tried removing the spacebar and reinstalling? For me this fixes the problem until I press too hard on the switch (which is fairly avoidable for me, just something to keep in mind). If you check my profile you can read the post I made about it in more detail.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  8. elgreco14

Reputations:
    My theory was correct. You need to place an extra thermal pad to prevent it from accidental shorting, because if you don't place an extra thermal pad and you push the aluminum housing under the right fan, just below it, then the heat spreader will touch your SSD and it will short.. Quite amazed that this was overlooked in building this laptop, since on the heatspreader there is an outline for just one thermal pad...

If you want to test yourself, push very hard on this spot: https://i.imgur.com/zIJYcwB.jpg (do at your own risk though, if your SSD dies from shorting, its not my fault..)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  9. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Have updated to the 62 BIOS -

(1) will have to wait longer before I can definitively say whether or not the "waking itself from sleep" bug is solved, but so far so good

(2) it has NOT solved my "sleep occasionally turns into a shutdown" problem, unfortunately - in fact thisj ust happened to me this morning.

(that's when, occasionally, after I tell my machine to go to sleep, it trundles a long time as if it's actually hibernating... then it powers off, and when I turn it on again, it's a fresh boot, where I have to restore browser windows etc. When I tell it to manually hibernate it works fine.)

(3) it HAS "solved" the wierd situation where my machine would NOT wake from sleep upon opening the lid - previously on my old BIOS, when I close the lid the machine goes to sleep fine, but when I open the lid nothing happens and I have to manually tap the power button/keyboard keys in order to wake the machine up. Now this no longer happens - when I flip the lid up, it wakes.

Installation notes -

(a) machine did NOT automatically reboot after updating BIOS - instead it seemed to have powered itself down instead. I was waiting for it to come back up on its own but it never happened - I gave up and tapped the power and it came up fine...

(b) ... or I should say EVENTUALLY fine, because there was one scary moment in that I could hear the "windows startup sound" but had NO display for a rather long time (I'd say longer than 15 seconds) - I was getting really worried until the display finally came on, showed the Windows hello login screen, and then authenticated and put me in my desktop.

(c) I'd been sitting there with my bitlocker key ready, but... I was not prompted for it. Everything came up "as before". Not sure why that other guy was prompted to enter his bitlocker key.

10. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations: