Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    even in Windows a lot of us are having various sleep/wake problems, so it's probably the machine, it's not you :p

frickingphil likes this.
  2. frickingphil

frickingphil Newbie

Reputations:
    At least in macOS and on my machine, I’ve narrowed it down to the USB-C controller being the wake reason when the bug occurs.

I had a similar issue in Windows, but it went away after I disabled waking from all the devices under “powercfg -devicequery wake_armed”.

Randomisity, elgreco14 and St00pid like this.
  3. Arnold Teo

Arnold Teo Newbie

Reputations:
    It is only a few months with my laptop and the CMOS battery is already dead ie the BIOS clock will stop after I shutdown the laptop at night and I have to sync the windows clock manually every morning.......

I have another peculiar issue. if I plug my laptop to the power adapter without powering on the laptop, the keyboard backlight will turn on by itself. even if I unplug the power adapter without powering the laptop the kb backlight will stay on permanently! the only way to resolve it is to power on the laptop and then shut it down.......

4. Tyb3rious

Tyb3rious Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    CMOS will only lose settings if both the CMOS battery AND the laptop battery stop outputting voltage. I feel like you might want to RMA or contact your seller as your issues seem hardware related to me.

5. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think my XMG fusion 15 is dying... just randomly goes dead when I move it. Great, I dont have time for this..

Or it's a strange coincidence because each time I was running a script in rstudio.

And it happened again twice while moving, I checked the event viewer and there seems to be something with losing power suddenly. Yesterday it even happened when the laptop was connected to the charger.

Ok, I figured it out. I pick my laptop always on the right side, when I press on the bottom below the right fan, system just turns off. I found out what's happening, under that area is no thermal pad or something to block the laptop from bending, so the heatsink is touching the SSD and is shorting the laptop. XMG is going to ship me some extra thermal pads, because I figured out, placing the thermal pad under the area where it's shorting, it fixes the issue of shutdowns.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Randomisity likes this.
  6. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hrm, thanks! and, lookie here:

PS C:\Users\Randomisity> powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller​

So, there's a point of commonality here - Windows or hacked MacOS, it looks like it's the USB-C controller

(ah, question, how did you disable in Windows the "waking from devices" you mentioned?)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  7. AdorationHour

AdorationHour Newbie

Reputations:
    So... I haven’t found the exact issue I’m having in this thread. Does anyone have the issue where the right side of the spacebar has a dead zone? If I hit the spacebar near B and N, it doesn’t register at all. If I hit closer to the middle it will register fine. The left side seems to be mostly fine, with random misses. But the right side is basically a dead zone, especially the top portion of the spacebar on the right side. I will make a video displaying the issue when I get the chance.

Is this a common issue with the spacebar on this chassis?

8. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can the laptop handle a smaller adaptor? If so, how many watts? The stock one it comes with is just massive and isn’t travel friendly.

9. AdorationHour

AdorationHour Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm on the verge of taking the laptop back because the keyboard is so bad. Literally, it is the only thing wrong with it. Such a shame.

10. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I disagree, I like the keyboard a lot. The feedback is great, but the keycaps aren't that good from XMG. Can't really see the second characters at night without turning keyboard backlight on.