Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Plow

Plow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Randomisity likes this.
  2. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  3. St00pid

St00pid Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I have done this myself and according to XMG_GG on reddit, the different branding is applied in the factory and not in the BIOS. Seems like XMG is taking the lead on dealing with Intel(ODM) but aftershock IIRC were the first to release control center 2.0.19. Would guess that depending on how it sold for the retailer and how much new products are being launched on how much support each retailer will do.

I just hope that there isn't any laptop binning going on and we then have different class based on the retailer.

Randomisity likes this.
  4. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I have a bug to report for project aurora. Might be a feature I don't know but here's the situation.

I have my laptop connected to an external display. (this affects both my alienware m15 r1 AND mag 15)
    As soon as I open the aurora app on the desktop the screen turns off. This doesn't happen on my internal display but it does happen with the external display which I have found out that this only happens when the app in question is locked to a low refresh rate. Is there any way to modify project aurora to run at the native refresh of the monitor it's currently on? Or is it supposed to run by default at the refresh of the desktop? every time I open the app the refresh of the whole screen goes down (until the external display turns off).

5. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which I/O is best for an external monitor? I'm looking to get a 1080p or 1440p at 240Hz since the laptop is already native 144Hz.

6. adr007

adr007 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone with the 2070 and the 180W brick? Can you game on balanced on the brick?

7. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    USB c to display port is best. HDMI won't allow you to use gsync

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

gman29 likes this.
  8. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks!

9. shtooka

shtooka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Found mag-15 on newegg for 1099$ without ssd and ram, thats 200$ lower than on their site. But for me that too much for little upgrade from gk5cn6z, i think.
    https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-000M-00176

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    custom90gt likes this.
  10. kc235711

kc235711 Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm that this laptop actually has a 1000hz polling rate on the keyboard?

If I quickly drag my finger across the top row of letters on a normal keyboard, I get all keys in the right order: qwertyuiop[]\

If I do this on my Mag-15, I get dropped AND out of order keys. Something like qwertyio] or qwertyuio

depending on how fast I am.

I've gone through and re-installed all drivers from Eluktronics directly, and confirmed that I've got the latest BIOS and control center installed.....but I just don't see any way to resolve this from the software side. I'm not very accurate typing on this laptop, sometimes I'm missing a space bar press, and otherwise I'm sometimes just getting words with out of order letters, making me think that at this point, it's the keyboard and not me (and thus time to just return the laptop while I have time.)

Thanks!

Randomisity likes this.