Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Underson

Underson Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @XMG while this is good news, i have a feeling more people wanted 1) raising throttling temperature limit and 2)raising temps when fans on \ big rpm. Is there any chance they will reconsider those settings? Maybe we can have an option to enable them on ur own risk (partly cancelling warranty regarding those parts)?

2. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't think it'll happen unless there is some sort of online petition maybe to show how many people are actually interested in that feature. Or maybe we will never see the temp limit raised and will be stuck on bios 58 with Asus gpu tweak in order to raise it ourselves.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @XMG may not see your post, as I was the one just copy pasting it from the thread on reddit. You can try writing it there for them (link to their post is in my original post)

4. St00pid

St00pid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll answer myself, yes you can downgrade the BIOS from 60 to 58(found this out on reddit) and yes the 60 version BIOS stops ASUS GPU Tweak II from changing the GPU temp target.

So PSA if you're using ASUS GPU Tweak II haven't upgraded to version 60 of the BIOS, you might want to skip it unless you're having an issue that is fixed in the 60 version BIOS but I'd recommend uninstalling ASUS GPU tweak II before upgrading the BIOS to 60.

Randomisity and genexis_x like this.
  5. decembri

decembri Newbie

Reputations:
    Seeing XMG's support for their laptop makes me reaaaally salty. Has Eluktronics stopped supporting the MAG-15? Haven't had any updates for a while :mad:

Also, can I use the bios update that XMG released on my Eluktronics MAG-15?

6. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which port is best for connecting to an external monitor, Thunderbolt 3, HDMI, or a dongle that connects to either of those two to provide a mini display port?

7. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Software support is just one thing. There are more factors to weigh in, to say 'best support'.

8. Plow

Plow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Randomisity likes this.
  9. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. St00pid

St00pid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I have done this myself and according to XMG_GG on reddit, the different branding is applied in the factory and not in the BIOS. Seems like XMG is taking the lead on dealing with Intel(ODM) but aftershock IIRC were the first to release control center 2.0.19. Would guess that depending on how it sold for the retailer and how much new products are being launched on how much support each retailer will do.

I just hope that there isn't any laptop binning going on and we then have different class based on the retailer.

Randomisity likes this.