Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You probably shouldn't worry about it. I can imagine it's common and no big deal, just a byproduct of how the stabilizers work

Randomisity likes this.
  2. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok so rolling back nvidia drivers seems to resolve the issue. Currently on nvidia driver 441.41 (with geforce experience installed) with no issues and battery life is stable at around 9 hours with power saver. I recommend no one uses the newest nvidia drivers yet until this fix this bug as it could cause some unnecessary battery stress if those who are unwary let their batteries drain and die from the excessive nvidia optimus bug.

3. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey several of us on the older Gk5 and Gk7 chassis are having the same battery drain and high package power draw issue.

Personally am currently on 441.41 but still suffering from it. Apparently the USB C driver is causing it as well so i'm not too sure what to install in nvcleaninstall

edit: Just DDU-ed and without the nvidia driver, im sitting on less than 5w idle on battery as well as plugged in. Those numbers seem high compared to yours

2nd edit: This workaround is amazing. Less than 2w on idle battery and i can finally get my battery life back. Even did a full restart on battery and the numbers are still low.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Randomisity likes this.
  4. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I recommend JUST installing the driver and checking if the power draw issue is fixed and enable 1 feature at a time until you find the culprit (reboots in between each reinstall). For me it is just a matter of driver version as I can use the USB c driver with no issue

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

5. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That was what i did when i wanted to update my drivers and that resulted in the really high power draw. So far your fix is working really well and works on 441.41 and between reboots on battery and plugged in

eddi3x3x3 likes this.
  6. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Suddenly seem to have lag spikes when playing Apex Legends, around 30 fps in the lobby and in-game.

Still using Nvidia Driver 441.41 with Geforce Experience installed.

Anyone have similar issues?

7. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Lag spikes or fps drops? Totally different things. I haven't test lately but I DO know the latest version of windows 1903 with latest updates caused a lot of fps drops and studdering for me in several games like league of legends. I use league of legends as an example because it's a really lightweight game that shouldn't be bottlenecked by any component and yet still had fps drops in the latest windows update. I ended up reinstalling windows 5 times until I learned my lesson and disabled updates altogether for better stability. Now I have no performance drops or studdering in any of my games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Randomisity likes this.
  8. decembri

decembri Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone having a problem with ICC profiles resetting each time they restart their MAG-15? Despite having set it as the default profile, I have to go to color management and click 'reload current calibrations' each time.

Edit: Never mind. I solved it by unchecking the display mode toggle in the Control Center..

9. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    UPDATE: I tried resetting my laptop but that didn’t do anything. My friend suggested to reset one more time but this time to unplug the laptop first before turning it back on. Problem fixed. Not entirely sure the reason behind it.

10. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same problem