Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I recommend JUST installing the driver and checking if the power draw issue is fixed and enable 1 feature at a time until you find the culprit (reboots in between each reinstall). For me it is just a matter of driver version as I can use the USB c driver with no issue

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That was what i did when i wanted to update my drivers and that resulted in the really high power draw. So far your fix is working really well and works on 441.41 and between reboots on battery and plugged in

eddi3x3x3 likes this.
  3. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Suddenly seem to have lag spikes when playing Apex Legends, around 30 fps in the lobby and in-game.

Still using Nvidia Driver 441.41 with Geforce Experience installed.

Anyone have similar issues?

4. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Lag spikes or fps drops? Totally different things. I haven't test lately but I DO know the latest version of windows 1903 with latest updates caused a lot of fps drops and studdering for me in several games like league of legends. I use league of legends as an example because it's a really lightweight game that shouldn't be bottlenecked by any component and yet still had fps drops in the latest windows update. I ended up reinstalling windows 5 times until I learned my lesson and disabled updates altogether for better stability. Now I have no performance drops or studdering in any of my games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Randomisity likes this.
  5. decembri

decembri Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone having a problem with ICC profiles resetting each time they restart their MAG-15? Despite having set it as the default profile, I have to go to color management and click 'reload current calibrations' each time.

Edit: Never mind. I solved it by unchecking the display mode toggle in the Control Center..

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  6. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    UPDATE: I tried resetting my laptop but that didnā€™t do anything. My friend suggested to reset one more time but this time to unplug the laptop first before turning it back on. Problem fixed. Not entirely sure the reason behind it.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  7. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you ever get this fixed? I have the same problem

8. dmolnar123

dmolnar123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, not. Not that I use video chat on messenger often, but it bothers me that it doesn't work :). It works sometimes in Incognito Mode, but more often not. Chrome just gets confused by the IR camera I think.

9. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What I find odd is that in the Chrome settings you can choose what camera to use, but messenger defaults irreversibly to the IR camera. You would think that there is some way around that considering how many devices have both.

10. nahk

nahk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anybody confirm, if keyboard panel is replaceable on MAG-15?