Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Honestly I just re-installed Nvidia drivers and the battery is back to normal. Make sure to use DDU otherwise it won't work

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I have confirmed that the newest version of GeForce experience causes a LOT of battery usage. I saw my CPU regularly pulling 12 W and now I see 1 W on idle after uninstalling GeForce experience but keeping latest Nvidia driver installed.

genexis_x likes this.
  3. TBearC

TBearC Newbie

Reputations:
    I am looking for some help undervolting the 1660ti in my recently purchased Eluktronics Mag-15.

I have watched all of Bobofalltrades’ videos on undervolting and the specific thermals video on the Mag-15 multiple times, so I at least feel competent while traversing the MSI Afterburner software.

After watching Bobofalltrades’ thermal video, I tried to adjust the voltage curve on the editor to reflect a flat line at 1700hz (which I remember being the point he mentioned was working well) but I am unable to run any games using that undervolt (games fail to load/freeze/etc.).

I know the clock speeds on my card vary fairly drastically from Nvidia standard numbers due to Eluktroboost, so finding a perfect hz clock number to use may be difficult. Can anyone give me some tips or advice on how you successfully undervolted your gpu? Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  4. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    May I have a look on the curve you've created?

5. evade

evade Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Trackpad rattle/jiggle/tapping - This was VERY annoying and after looking at some people's fixes as well as suggestions that some paper could be inserted into the clip, it was said in another thread/reddit that it is actually the Trackpads metal retaining clip hitting part of the chassis alloy on the up/return of the pad at the bottom.

Anyway, glad to say its totally resolved for me now. I slid in some cloth automotive tape pieces in between the chassis and trackpad tabs..and we are golden. Trackpad feels like it should now. Surprised they don't do this from factory.

6. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a slight problem with the space bar not registering on the left side.

Pictures of spacebar/ parts under it: https://imgur.com/a/YDoQpDs

So this has happened twice now: the left side of (1/3 to 1/4) will stop registering that press the pace bar. The middle always works fine, and I'm assuming that's because the actual spring loaded part, the sensor, works fine. The right side suffers a bit too when this happens, but not as much (only the very far edge doesn't register), but I assume that's due to the left side failing somehow. I've fixed this both times simply by removing the space bar, and placing it back. I have no idea what this changes, as both times I removed the spacebar slowly while looking underneath and saw nothing odd. When this happens, the whole spacebar sits lower somehow, and the left side has significantly less room to be pressed down than when it works fine.

This apparently occurs even when I do not use the spacebar. After the first time I started using an external keyboard just in case, while testing the space bar one or two times a day (Testing involves just pressing about 5 time on both the right and left side to make sure they work and feel ok). Today when I had tested it the problem had returned.

Another thing of note is that the spacebar is bent, it's higher in the middle and lower on the sides. When removed it's perfectly flat, but I assume that this is due to the clips holding down the sides while the springloaded sensor pushes up the middle, and thus nothing to worry about.

And finally, when pressing at the very bottom (enough to register a space character, and then a little more, directly at the middle of the space bar, a single click can be heard. I don't expect this to be of much importance (probably just related to mechanism of sensor), but thought it worth mentioning just in case (I never hear the click in normal use as I never press there).

7. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't have this problem but am wondering if I've got something similar ... when I type on this keyboard I find I "miss out" on particular keys quite often (the one I think most of is "g", so when I try to type, say, "game", I get "ame"). I am a fairly good typist and have no problems on other keyboards... anyone else noticing anything off about their QC7 keyboards?

8. Helgrinds

Helgrinds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's likely not the same problem I have, as mine is likely somehow related to the stabilizers and length of the spacebar. If you try to press G, does it feel different from other keys that you know work 100%? If you open notepad and press G over and over, does it ever not register? What if you hold it down, will G's keep appearing or does it ever stop?

9. Randomisity

Randomisity Notebook Guru

Reputations:

I see your point... my space bar is fairly level so it's not the same issue, you're right.

thanks to what you suggested I'm testing my keyboard more now and I've discovered that I can get the keys to register *without* pressing the key hard enough for it to "click". So basically I have a situation where my keys might trigger without my wanting them to (just resting my finger on the key a little) and not triggering when I want it to (the missing "g" being the most common).

10. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    I think they should have just gotten rid of the clicky mechanism and advertised linear switches or something to that effect because that's exactly how they feel sometimes lol