Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Shinzawai

Shinzawai Newbie

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    I got as far as that it seems to be some kind of generational thing used across brands, but then there's comparison reviews who say a specific H4 might be better than a particular H5 or something. Yes I've googled, and checked out a reddit audiophile sub's FAQ, still no answer, definitely not a clear one, it is somehow related to audio quality (I hope as H9s are in the $500 range), but how are what I still haven't figured out.

Was wondering if it might have something to do with mini surround speakers or something, because I do have a headphone capable of that but wouldn't know what/if 'H-class' it is...

2. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok so I found the last piece of the puzzle that they DONT mention in the instructions. After installing the 3 inf files, you need to power off the laptop and disconnect everything, including power from it for 30 seconds. Then turn it back on and continue the steps which involves installing the certificate under "trusted people" when you manually select a location to store the certificate and THEN you can install the app. I have only tried this once so I'm not 100% sure it's reproducible and I still don't have display alt mode working (had it working before but this is like my 5th windows 10 reinstall.)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3. decembri

decembri Newbie

Reputations:
    How long does it take everyone's screen to come on from sleep? When I open the lid, the screen doesn't come on instantly and takes several seconds. Is it because of Windows Hello? I haven't used a Windows laptop in several years, so I forgot how long it normally takes.

Also, what's your battery drain like even after all the updates? During sleep as well as normal use on battery.

4. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. genexis_x

genexis_x Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. IJustKnowStuff

IJustKnowStuff Newbie

Reputations:
    So are these still essentially Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro) laptops, but with MAX-P (opposed to MAX-Q) options. Is that the only difference?
    EDIT: Ok, after some more googling, I've found there's a bit more different. Although mainly just Keyboard, I/O, and dedicated video options.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  7. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nah different model type,but same idea.

8. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    17" is basic the 15" motherboard and battery re-bodied and upgraded terminal wise for usage in a 17". If someone wanted to improve that model, swap the lid/top assembly with the last gen 17" TF laptop, swap the keyboard tray with a mechanical keyboard and source a 120hz 4k panel or 240hz 1080p panel. I don't understand the reasoning for the MAX 15" to not have TB3, (intel exclusivity policies?).

EDIT: MAX 17" has no logo nor branding, making it really stealthy.

9. ezradharma

ezradharma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    elgreco14 likes this.
  10. ditchmagnet

ditchmagnet Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope the MAX 17 keyboard could be swapped to a mechanical with per key rgb. Stock is 4zone :(