Intel-TongFang QC7 (Element/Fusion 15/MAG-15/Vapor 15 Pro)

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by B0B, Sep 2, 2019.

1. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not gaming, just using Google Chrome and surfing Facebook in particular. I do not have any monitoring/tuning software installed (never had any since the beginning). Am I able to use the XMG BIOS on my Aftershock laptop?

Another concern that happened literally just now. While typing something on Facebook via Google Chrome, my screen suddenly went dark --> black screen --> dark screen --> then went back to normal. It happened twice with maybe a 5-minute gap between each occurrence.

2. eddi3x3x3

eddi3x3x3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That to me sounds like you should use DDU (display driver uninstaller) and re install both your Intel and Nvidia drivers. Try using the stock version that came with your machine and then try updating to the newest version to check if it's a display driver issue (which is what it sounds like)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Where may I find this stock version?

4. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Either on the manufacturer site where they provide the drivers OR you can check in the previous posts on this thread OR maybe @XMG can chime in with the exact driver version that came stock. I don't remember the exact version off the top of my head but if I get home before xmg replies I'll reply to you and let you know.

5. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    To be honest, it sounds like a bit too much for a non-techie. I might end up doing something wrong.

6. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Now this happened...

Attached Files:

7. eddi3x3x3

Reputations:
    Please add more details, what game? Bios version? What version of command center? Is an overclock or undervolt applied? Nvidia and Intel driver versions?

8. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    @gman29 Not sure what's up with your system, but it's probably not hardware-related. I'd say you format you SSD and reinstall Windows and use the drivers from our download page to start with a clean slate. Have a good Sunday everyone! // Tom

9. gman29

gman29 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Game: Apex Legends
    BIOS: 0056 (Can I install the XMG BIOS on an Aftershock laptop?)
    Command Center: 2.1.0.19
    Intel Driver: 26.20.100.7463
    NVIDIA Driver: 441.66
    Others: No overclock or undervolt applied, no 3rd party monitoring program installed

10. elgreco14

elgreco14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :

"
    I am using i9-9900K with ASUS ROG NVIDIA 2080 RTX. Last stable driver (without that issue) is 436.48. Any newer driver, including 441.41 has the problem. Sometime you can play whole day without single crash, sometimes you get 3-4 crashes in a row. This problem was known to NVIDIA early this year when they develop 417-419 driver versions, thus imho they have introduced a regression after 436.48 that needs to be fixed in the driver. Just not sure why they did not fix it already..." https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-dxgi-error-device-hung/td-p/7435801/page/22

Just google it next it time. This is unrelated to the laptop, but rather related to apex.