Intel i7, 16gb RAM 14-15'' laptop for 1400$?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by galbatrox9, Feb 3, 2020.

1. galbatrox9

galbatrox9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ==========

General Questions

1) What is your budget? 1400$ with taxes (give or take a few bucks)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    a. Ultraportable; 10" - 12" screen
    c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
    d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
    e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
    3) Which country will you buying this notebook? USA (San Jose, specifically)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Dell
    b. Dislike: Sony?
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? No

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Power BI Modelling (professional), SQL, Python , small 1080p video editing and Netflix.

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Both

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?) No

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? 6-7 hrs

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Buying Online is Okay

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. Windows

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.) 1920x1080 is good enough for me

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.) No preference

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Yes but not the biggest factor

Notebook Components

15) How much hard drive space do you need? 256 gb SSD is fine

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

16) When are you buying this laptop? Feb - March 2020

17) How long do you expect to use this laptop? 3-4 yrs

18) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail? Not sure

19) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage? less than 100$ extra is doable.

==========

It was not asked in the questions above, but I need an i7 and 16gb of dual channel ram. This laptop will primarily be used for making Power BI models and sql/python coding.

I have looked at Vostro 7590, but it has single stick 16gb ram and a 3 cell small battery and questionable quality. Not enough reviews.

2. galbatrox9

galbatrox9 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. amirbahalegharn

amirbahalegharn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you wait around march-April,the latest laptops with both AMD CPU,which according to the presentation graphs they shown in CES,it's performance is promising,and also 10th gen intel will come out.
    you may use Noteb.com to find suitable ones then.don't buy current last-year gen laptops.

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    y545 does not get 7 hours bl

i recommend the ux533 by asus....