Intel Drivers Updates

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Oct 6, 2015.

1. 0lok

0lok Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Basically just wanted to be updated on whats going on. LOL. Also the new 19H1 is coming and wanted to be aware how bad it is and also the drivers that would go along with it eg. igpu driver. Main reason is if my cousin wants to update his laptop I can give him options. To the lastest crap or to the bearable crap.. HAHAHA.. Also I have downloaded Ultra Males latest redstone 5 OS. hahahaha..
    Im lurking in the forum for info and knowledge from you guyz.. ^_^

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Version: 6.5.1.321 (Latest) Date: 3/27/2019:rolleyes:

Changes
    1. Ability to read the default P0 Voltage.
    2. Removed HPET reliance while monitoring in XTU.
    3. XTU 6.5.1.321 has been updated to include SQLite3 version 3.27.2, zlib version 1.2.11, which includes functional and security updates. Users should update to the latest version.

Know Issues:
     Integrated graphics stress test has been removed for this version of XTU. It is still available for v6.4.1.24

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Vasudev and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.
  3. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Intel Graphic Driver dated 03/19/2019 on the download page, but once installed the Graphics Driver in Device Manager is dated 10/29/2018

That`s over 5 months older than they are dated.

John.

c69k, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Version: 26.20.100.6709 (Latest) Date: 4/18/2019

This launch driver is WDDM 2.6 compliant and ready for the Windows 10 May 2019 "PUKE" Update. It introduces support for the new DirectX* 12 Shader Model 6.4 compiler on 7th Generation Intel® Core processors or higher (Intel® HD Graphics 610 or higher).

----------------------------------------

Btw... New tool if you want cook/fry/boil your soldered piece of hardware...
    Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Vasudev and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.
  5. Papusan

Reputations:
    upload_2019-4-26_1-50-6.png

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    I ran the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and it said it has an much newer video driver than the one installed on my new "Beelink Gemini X45 Premium 6GB DDR4 RAM 128G SSD" Mini PC, It has an Intel J4005 CPU with the Intel UHD 600 Graphics.

Once installed there is a problem with the new DCH graphic drivers they do not contain the Intel control panel, The Intel website says to download the Intel Control Panel from the Windows store but after install still no control panel or taskbar icon, and when you try and manual run the control panel you get a not compatible error, The Intel Control Panel from the Windows store get a very low score, 1 or 2 stars as nobody can get it to work.

where can i download a compatible control panel?

Thanks

John.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    I think there are now two different Microsoft Store Intel control panels.

Intel Graphics Control Panel
    Intel Graphics Command Center

The latter is newer and is slated to replace the Control Panel, but still in beta form.

I couldn't get the regular Control Panel to work for a while, then it suddenly started working after the last couple of updates (UHD630 on my desktop). Annoyingly, that same older DCH driver that broke the Control Panel also broke Quicksync. This made ASIC video encoding and decoding impossible, and reverting the drivers didn't work (since the DCH drivers left a lot of stuff that isn't removed by any, and I mean ANY, driver uninstall/cleaning/purging, etc). Luckily, someone found the exact files to remove.

Either way, it's all in the past now. I also upgraded my desktop GPU to something Turing based and have never touched Intel's Quicksync since.

Tinderbox (UK) likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Intel 6708 and above use Intel CC panel instead of Graphics control panel.

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and jeremyshaw like this.
  9. artic_squirrel

artic_squirrel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a problem with intel driver for gc 620 UHD on my laptop with windows 1809 LTSC
    I explained my problem at intel forum https://forums.intel.com/s/question...on-for-videos-played-with-dxva?language=en_US

that my settings for the image quality of DXVA is not registered, so I have to to apply a .reg file at each boot to disable their default settings. Is there a newer version for the 620 UHD?

My other problem is that I run windows LTSC, so how do I update the graphic driver while still accessing the GUI by intel to configure the card since I do not have windwos store ?

currently I have driver 25.20.100.6374 and w10 LTSC 1809 downloads the old GUI, but with new driver, no GUI is downloaded.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    For LTSC, I recommend old driver with old GUI, the new UI is buggy at times. Sometimes settings don't persist.
    As for your issue try turning automatic processing of video in settings app. https://www.howto-connect.com/automatically-process-video-to-enhance-windows-10/