Intel Core i7-8750H/ i7-8850H/ i9-8950H Coffee Lake

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, Nov 18, 2017.

1. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  2. sicily428

sicily428 Donuts!! :)

Reputations:
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Isn't it wonderful how Intel has so quickly failed to fix and is not going to release CPU hardware unaffected by the Spectre and Meltdown security failures?:confused::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Why continue to buy Intel insecure broken architecture CPU's?? We already own enough of them!!

Why buy faster versions of the same broken architecture?? Come on people, wake up!!

Those aren't the CPU's you are looking for...but, these may be:

Intel CEO: New Products that Tackle Meltdown, Spectre Threats Coming this Year
    https://www.darkreading.com/endpoin...30920?_mc=rss_x_drr_edt_aud_dr_x_x-rss-simple"

"In an earnings call yesterday, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich says security remains a 'priority' for the microprocessor company.

Intel CEO Brian Krzanich told analysts in the company's earnings call yesterday that Intel will unveil new products "later this year" that mitigate the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities"

...really?, this year?? Like December 31st at 11:59:59?? :D

CPU Vulnerabilities, Meltdown and Spectre, Kernel Page Table Isolation Patches, and more
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...patches-and-more.812424/page-82#post-10682901

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    raz8020, Vasudev and sicily428 like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    As long AMD can’t compete with equal or better performance (stock and oc’d), nothing will really be changed. Up to AMD taking the chance taking over Intel’s hegemony/market shares. Or better, up the performance:)

Vasudev likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    Intel's broken architecture CPU's are worthless now, and even worth less in the future when new architecture CPU's are released, because by then - no one will buy them.

If you want to buy worthless garbage, with an assured value of Zero in the future, then buy computers with Intel CPU's now.

Fast worthless garbage is still worthless garbage. o_O

alexhawker likes this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    We will see how it ends in end of this or next year. But I won’t buy the spring’s coming processors from Intel:D

Ashtrix and Vasudev like this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Smart, see I knew you knew Intel was selling garbage. :D

Intel has a long history of making garbage (10+ years of garbage security CPU's!!), getting garbage for their cheating ways (BBMP), and now selling "new" garbage security CPU's once again. Linus Torvalds calls Intel CPU's and Security fixes "Garbage". :cool:

BBMP Threatens To Dump Garbage In Intel Office In Bangalore

Published on Aug 10, 2016
    The Bengaluru Municipal Corporation has come out with a very novel idea by dumping garbage on the properties of those who are not paying the property taxes. They have threatened Intel technologies India in Bengaluru of dumping garbage inside its premises if the firm didn't pay up the pending taxes.

Ashtrix, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yeah, I wouldn’t touch coming processors this spring with a ten foot pole:vbbiggrin:

Ashtrix, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well papusan I'm sure you will install W10 spring update.
    I never got that news from BBMP

hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yeah, wow seems like harsh penalties are required to remedy situations there. I found another story, demolishing homes built on local utility access land + more on the Intel earns garbage for cheating on property taxes story in this video:

Property Tax Collection: BBMP Dumps Garbage In Front Of Intel Office In Bengaluru

Vasudev likes this.