Intel Core i7-8750H/ i7-8850H/ i9-8950H Coffee Lake

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by sicily428, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Delete TS ini file in TS folder and reboot.. When you start up TS next time it will create a new. And disable the Omen Bloatware when testing.

See also... You forgot add undervolt for Cashe.
    upload_2019-10-20_6-18-14.png

raz8020, Stanley08 and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Stanley08

Stanley08 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    5am here now. I'll continue when I wake up. Lol. Thanks guys!

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Stanley08

Reputations:
    Hello guys, thanks for earlier.

I have a question. When i set my computer to Speedshift 0, what should my power plan be? I always use High performance when plugged in and Power saver when unplugged. So, Balanced then?

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Nope, continue using High Performance as much as you wish. That's all I use. I have no use for the other two power plans, but you can use them as well whenever you wish.

And, you're welcome. Glad to assist where I can.

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    You're welcome:)

I use full tilt 24/7. But you can put up to 4 power profiles in ThrottleStop main Windows. Maybe put up one or two profiles with higher Speed Shift - EPP values if this is what you want. In ThrottleStop "Options" tab you can click on the Hotkey tab and set up key commands for the power profiles so you can switch easly between them with a key combo on the fly.

As mentioned earlier... Most can be found in TS thread. Here is an Guide for you

The ThrottleStop Guide (2019) How tou use it
    https://www.ultrabookreview.com/31385-the-throttlestop-guide/

Good luck:)

6. Stanley08

Reputations:
    This is my old computer. Any hope guys?!

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-21 at 12.51.25.jpeg

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    The voltage regulator is reporting that it is too hot. You could try with new better thermal pads. As well undervolt and repaste if you haven't done it.

8. Stanley08

Reputations:
    i repasted and changed thermal pads about a month ago then it stopped overheating. I also used a graphite paper thing instead of thermal paste. That’s what made it stop overheating. Paste wasn’t working.

It’s not over heating right now. I think that the thing reporting overheating is faulty. Thats why the CPU always runs at 800MHz except i turn off BDPROCHOT.

what do you think?!

9. Stanley08

Reputations:
    Hello guys, please i have a problem. 2 times now, my computer has failed to detect my graphics card on start up resulting in not being able to increase nor reduce brightness. The only way i could undo it was system restore. Happened this evening again.

The first time it happened was after i created and tested a simple shut down task using the steps from here - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/schedule-shutdown-restarts-windows-7-task-schedular

After shutdown, i turned the computer back on and my graphics driver wasn't working properly, the laptop couldn't detect the card. I tired to re-install the graphics driver an get the error below.

Error.jpg

I want to also mention that before running that task, i had installed a graphics driver update (441.08) and some windows updates. These are other things i think MAY have caused this but then i am not sure as i had them installed already before i ran the shutdown task.

So right now, i have done a system restore again and everything is working fine. I have also made sure to not install the new graphics driver nor windows updates. (As i did go ahead with installing them again after the first system restore as i did think the shutdown task caused it)

However, if this happens again, what should I do? Thank you.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hi. Happy Saturday. Yeah, that really sucks. Sorry that is happening to you, bro.

I saw some posts where an Alienware Area 51M owner or two was encountering this and system restore fixed the problem. I think it may have something to do with Windows Updates. I'd recommend downloading a slightly older non-DCH driver package from NVIDIA, running DDU to clean everything out and disconnect from the internet while installing the non-DCH driver. Then I would disable Windows Updates or, at the least, disable the automatic driver updates. Also, if you use GeFarts Experience, (best to not install it unless you have become emotionally dependent on some part of it--yes, some folks have,) before connecting to the internet again you should disable automatic GeFarts driver updates in that piece of fecal bloatware, too. I think @QUICKSORT was one of the people that experienced something similar (or identical) to what you are describing. See this post for reference.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    raz8020, Papusan, hmscott and 2 others like this.