Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake Z370

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by hmscott, Sep 25, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Why isn't Intel getting more flak for this stunt?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/75ib6t/_/

"Why isn't Intel getting more flak for this BS paper launch stunt? Have they Officially responded to the lack of product that was shipped to retailers?

Why would you do the release when you had no product available? Really f'ing a lot of people over here who rushed out and bought hardware and are now just sitting on it."

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

At the moment I'm pretty much taking every launch no matter the brand as "it won't actually ship for a while after, hold your horses"

3. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    people making rage, ask the people.

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    May I ask why you should buy 2.....?

Donald@HIDevolution and hmscott like this.
  5. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    When you can, it's a good rule of thumb. My reasons; either the product is so good you wish you had bought at least one more, or, one is faulty and (hopefully) the other just works.

Too many products shipped doa these days...

6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Friends #1, they will want one, or complain you have one and they don't ;)

Spares #2 Should the first one fail... it creates a much more relaxed environment for experimentation, otherwise you're worried you'll burn out the 1 and only.

In demand means a client might need one, they don't take care and blow theirs out, White Knight to the rescue, years of happy memories.

DOA #3 A class all unto itself, one or both are DOA - if you have 2 DOA - maybe a damaged package, you have a better chance of getting the attention of the retailer for replacement - when they finally arrive back in stock.

Shipping savings #4 Bring the total up to over the free shipping limit - CPU's are different of course, but cheaper doodad's qualify often.

Need to fill the Spares drawer #5 Eventually you have enough parts to build one or two more computers, nice when the cold winter months get long.

So many more...

7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Having a spare is always a good thing when you want to delid and push for maximum overclocks. And yeah downtime is the absolute worst thing in the world. Not everyone has access to a high end laptop to game on if their brand new desktop has a defective part and they sold or discarded their Sandy Bridge parts...

8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Speaking of downtime, it's also always a good idea to buy an extra PSU when getting a new laptop, unless you already have a stable of PSU spare's.

When batteries were removeable, same for batteries, although for those I recommend 3. In case one dies, lost, or not charged - "damn, I thought I charged up all of those!"... 3 is better than 1 :)

9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Newegg does not expect new i7 8700K stock for 3-5 weeks
    That is a long wait

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp..._new_i7_8700k_stock_for_at_least_three_weeks/
    10040246217l.png
    Source

Shortages Plague Intel's Coffee Lake Launch

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-coffee-lake-shortage-cpu,35632.html

"Newegg, B&H Photo, and Amazon, among many others, don't have the processors in stock, and some have canceled preorder offers. Adding insult to injury, most of the lucky buyers have to wait 15 to 20 days for their units to ship."

10. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    :eek:
    Binning #0 With two you can bin your own chips. Sell the loser. Shouldn't be a problem with a new released chips(Huge lack of chips once they are released).