Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake Z370 and Z390

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by hmscott, Sep 25, 2017.

1. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They're hiding announcements that'll have people deciding not to buy into z370/covfefelake and instead wait for 8 cores possibly in 10nm

ole!!!, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  2. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's going to go over well.

3. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Looks like an official road map to me, not sure what they're hiding and this information just confirms an earlier leak about their upcoming CPU lineup.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1207...on-processor-lists-leaked-coffee-lake-refresh

The TDP of the CPUs listed match what they have on that leaked lineup. The upcoming 300 series chipset very well could simply be the unreleased non 'Z' 300 chipsets. The CPUs mainly look to be a small refresh of current chips, dual core CFL chips, as well as the low TDP CFL chips.

4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    An official road map can be edited with a pencil within a few seconds:D I'm sure Intel doesn't want that AMD shall rule the mainstream all to long as they already have done. AMD have already 8 core who beats Intel's mainstream 6 core i7 and will most likely push out a refresh not too long. None like to loose a single penny!! At least not INTEL. Remember the greed:)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:18 PM
    Talon likes this.
  5. Tanner@XoticPC

Tanner@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I'm just imagining someone taking a pencil to those and then scanning them in and posting it.

alexhawker and Papusan like this.
  6. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Umm no, it doesn't beat CFL, in fact it loses in a quite few areas. Gaming, content creation, and streaming all go to CFL.

I agree it can be edited, but going by the leaks that are actually out there and not just throwing darts in the dark it seems the road map is somewhat accurate. The 8700K is most likely already cannibalizing the 7800X sales, and an 8 core CFL ring bus architecture would seriously put a hurting on the 7820X 8 core mesh chip.

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Stock R7 1800X beats 8700K. Even oc’d. All know Intel is good for gaming but more cores will have the extra. Hit up Bench scores for both and compare. Intel need 8 cores!! Even more after AMD’s push out their refreshed 8 core CPUs.

Intel will never sit down do nothing see AMD push out faster 8 core CPUs with higher IPC.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:53 PM
  8. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    -- Again no it doesn't.. He uses a 1700 (same chip) OC'd to 3.9Ghz with fast ram for Ryzen and it still loses in a bunch of tasks. I've seen plenty of reviews comparing benchmarks and it just doesn't. Again if you pick a few select tasks sure it does win in some, and loses in others, but to blanket statement say it beats it is false.

For gamers and content/media creators the 6 core CFL is superior. Intel probably will release an 8 core eventually, but for now it seems the roadmap doesn't show that. Want more cores? Buy X299 is most likely Intel's stance.

Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    I'm sure Intel will come up with a 8 core mainstream pretty fast although their road map don't mention it at all. Once AMD's new refreshed 8, 10 or 12 core chips is able to do 5.0GHz... What is Intel's answer to this? Refresh and push out 6 cores with similar clocks 4 or 5 months later? Or as you say push people on their *cheap* X299 platform if people want more than 6 cores? Nope!!:nah: This roadmap above isn't worth a ****y single cent!! More AMD rumors

Alleged AMD Ryzen 2 Leak Reveals 12-Core Ryzen 7 2800X With 5.1GHz Boost

"Anyway, it's going to be another exciting year. AMD set the groundwork to remain competitive for a long time to come, and the leaked slide underscores that. Meanwhile, Intel is preparing new CPUs of its own, including ones based on its long-anticipated 10nm Cannon Lake architecture. Hold onto your britches, folks." Yeah, Intel need to step up with mooore cores:D

Edit. Fake AMD Ryzen 2800X 12 Core 5.1GHz Slide Sends Media Into Frenzy

"The optimists among you will want to believe that this is true. After all who wouldn’t want to see 12 core Ryzen processors at as low as $329 and with clock speeds as high as 5.1Ghz, coming out on the 1st of February no less. The skeptics among you will point out that the specifications, pricing and timeline are all too conveniently fantastical. Sadly, the rumor has spread like wildfire with no evidence, other than the slide above, to corroborate any parts of it." Still, refreshed 8 core mainstream from AMD will push/hit Intel hard if Intel still want to go for 6 cores i7.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 9:18 PM
    Talon likes this.
  10. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Exiciting times ahead! Finally the competition we have needed for the past 6 years is here!

Papusan likes this.