Intel Chip(!): Rivet Networks Launches the Killer Wireless-AC 1550

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by hmscott, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    @Killer_Networking any chance you'll be introducing new 802.11ad products (for WirelessVR?), or is this technology a complete dead-end until 802.11ay takes over?

Vasudev, saturnotaku and hmscott like this.
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    The problem was in the past.

I have several friends running 1535s within the past 3 months (driver only without suite) and they seem to be perfectly fine.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. ELPCU

ELPCU Newbie

Reputations:
    I personally does not like about Killer software. They are buggy. and often when I turn on my computer, they often have a problem of connection. I need to go to network connection and restart the network adapter.

However, that does not make me to buy Intel chipset. I have no idea why intel still does NOT support beamforming on their newest/top tier network adapter. Seriously? still no beamforming?

And the fact that Killer 1550 support beamforming while it is virtually 9260 with Killer firmware blows my mind.
    So Intel decide not to have beamforming just because of freaking firmware/software?

As a person with hi-spec router with beamforming support, and often use device on bad signal spot, their decision discourage me to buy their product too much. I still think Killer firmware/software is more buggy than that of intel, but I knew it has better performance.

IMO, killer needs to do more work on removing bugs, but Intel? I do not know what is their problem.

4. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    I don't have any specific information on any 802.11ad products at this time, but we are always looking at emerging wireless and network technologies, and try to bring those to market when it makes sense.

If you are currently experiencing issues with a Killer product, I highly encourage you to reach out to us directly at killersupport@rivetnetworks.com. I'll be more than happy to help troubleshoot your specific issue so that we can hopefully change your mind about us!

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Add Killer Remover app to your KB article for thorough removal.
    I just experienced Clean Install like Performance after using Killer remover. Maybe you should include that whilst uninstalling Killer SW?
    No glitches or strange stutters when KCC runs at startup.

6. Killer_Networking

Reputations:
    Nice!

The Killer Remover only removes very old installations - it doesn't do anything with more recent installations, which uninstall cleanly, unless they are broken by major Windows Feature Updates. At that point, it's better to remove them using the Microsoft tool for issues that block applications from being installed or uninstalled. Instructions on using both are in the primary guide here - http://killernetworking.com/driver-...ing-killer-ethernet-wireless-drivers-software.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I thought MS fixit tool was present in W10, now I have to search my old HDD for a copy of MS fixit.

8. Killer_Networking

Reputations:
    Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I was talking about MS fixit portable I downloaded on Win 7. Its a full package containing all fixit exe that solves Windows explorer issues,perf issues, network issues, usb driver, dvd driver etc..
    It seems older version doesn't work correctly on w10.

Killer_Networking likes this.
  10. Killer_Networking

Reputations:
    Ooohhh, that. I think I had a copy of that at some point. Didn't that originate with Vista and then get updated for 7? I seem to remember using it on Vista a lot. I imagine it would be fairly huge to work with 8.1+, though. Everything else got huge with 8.1+.

Vasudev likes this.