Intel aptX driver download

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by SL2, Jul 18, 2016.

1. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No need for that, I use only 5 GHz and the speed limit is 100 Mb/s.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. bodomalo

bodomalo Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    After renaming it from exe to zip I can not open this zip. Windows writes this is not an valid zip archive.
    Any idea??

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try unchecking Hide Extension of known file types in folder options. On W10, open file explorer. Click on View just below the title bar and select Options, Select View and uncheck Hide Extension of known file types.
    W7,
    Open explorer, Click on Tools > Options and follow the same procedure as w10.

4. Digiaro2

Digiaro2 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the same problem.

This does not work, infact the .exe is not a valid .zip file. Does someone can help me? Executing the .exe does not work on my ASUS laptop. I have Intel 7265.
    Thank you.

Digiaro2

Edit: I solved in this way, from a command prompt do the following command :

<name of the .exe> /s /e="pathToExtractDirectory"

This worked for me ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  5. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Use WinRAR or similar, the integrated Explorer zip function is not a good choice for this.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. GCarvalho88

GCarvalho88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys. I've a HP Elitebook 840 G3 with an Intel 8260 Adapter. I've installed this driver and my Sony WH-1000XM2 Headset profile stops working. Heapdhones profile works fine with aptX communication but the Headset (and thus, microphone) stop registering sound at all.

I've tried multiple combinations of drivers but can't seem to get this to work. Anyone had the same issue?

7. Bhotis

Bhotis Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have lenovo t580. Installed the drives from the begining, and got an aptx notification when connecting bt, but had the same issue (i.e. headset profile not working). Uninstalled the driver, installed the offficial from intel (20.0.40) and voila. Aptx is working as well as headset profile. I don't get the aptx notification when connecting, but I've verified that aptx is working by:
    looking at the 'default format' in windows (right click the headphones, go to 'Advanced' tab) and by hooking up via app on the phone (it shows the codec in use, when i play music from phone i get SBC, but on laptop there's aptx).

8. GCarvalho88

GCarvalho88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply! Could you go into more detail on the bit in bold? I've checked the default format but in my case it's standard, while running the latest bluetooth drivers:

[​IMG]

Bluetooth Drivers:
    [​IMG]

My headphones app (Sony WH-1000XM2) won't allow me to be connected to both the app and a PC so no other way to check, unfortunately...

Thanks!

9. Bhotis

Bhotis Newbie

Reputations:
    I have exactly the same headphones and I can connect from the app when playing music from PC. I guess you need to have both paired beforehand? When playing the music from PC, i start the app, it prompts to enable bt and to connect. Voila, I see them using aptx codec.

My phone doesn't support aptx, and I hear sound from PC, so it must be possible. Maybe try re-pairing? Also, they do mention double pairing in the manual http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm2/v1/en/index.html

Also, I've notice that actually my bt driver is NOT the one from intel, but the one from microsoft (difference from you screenshot)

10. SL2

SL2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've been using WinRAR for years, but now I tried 7ZIP. It shows different files than WinRAR, so it's not useful in this case.
    If anyone knows if this a matter of settings I'd like to know.

Here are both when opening the same file.
    Capture.PNG