Intel/AMD uCode fix for Spectre, HT bug fix and Meltdown.

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9, Jun 29, 2017.

1. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    They actually blocked the BCLK completely :( I can't even go 100Mhz BCLK... it reverts to 99.7Mhz BCLK :( yeah... back to CA :)
    Yes.. I tested CC uCode.. They actually blocked the BCLK completely :( I can't even go 100Mhz BCLK... it reverts to 99.7Mhz BCLK :( yeah... back to CA :)

No problem at all :) hit me the full dump of your BIOS and I will provide you what you need (As long as I have free time :D ) and yes... I patch my BIOS directly with the microcode.. I only use the tool for testing purposes and if it is fine & without any issues.. I apply & patch directly to my BIOS [This is the time were I discovered I can go 107.9Mhz BCLK ;) ] :)

I never tried to actually see if the BCLK OC gonna stick through my tool though.. it never crossed my mind :D but great idea! I will test it through my tool on my free time ;)

hmscott and Krzyslaw like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Well, what do you know; I flashed CC to old bios and guess what, my PC bricked completely and had to use Ch341a to restore it and also needed CLRP1 shorting aka CMOS battery removal to restore BIOS. I had 7 beeps of Death on AW jokebook.
    Good thing I made a backup, only MEFW update was needed. Damn... I used Aptio 5.02 and I guess it did something because Aptio 5 5.0.7 said Saving BIOS as unsigned, what's that mean?

3. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    unsigned BIOS will cause problems for sure :)
    I always use this method to update my microcode :) have a look on Win-Raid.com forums.. it always works with me without issues.. :) it is little complicated though :rolleyes: that is why I always ask for people full dump BIOS and I do it by myself instead.. since it is pretty complicated process :) and also I don't want other get into irrecoverable state.. since I do it alot so.. :)

https://www.win-raid.com/t3132f47-GUIDE-AMI-INTEL-CPU-Microcode-Update-Guide.html

Riley Martin, hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    No, I flashed signed BIOS. I followed Daz's method and it worked. I think Aptio 5.02 patched version causes issues?

5. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Yes another reason is Aptio version causes issues which is unexpected or doesn't make sense so... it is likely too that the specific Aptio version will cause issues while others it won't... it is all trial and error :)

Riley Martin, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  6. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  7. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Riley Martin likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Did you revert back to CA microcode?

9. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    hmscott, Riley Martin and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Reputations: