Intel AC-7265 bluetooth driver for AptX-LL (latest W10 update)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by fish1203, Mar 24, 2021.

1. fish1203

fish1203 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Oops double post...

2. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wait.. Why are you installing proprietary drivers for Dell but you dont have a Dell. Use the drivers from Intel.. Not Dell

3. fish1203

fish1203 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Errr... okay, I think there is a misunderstanding here.

If you look in the link I shared in my first post you will see that is a well documented fact that the only drivers available to activate AptX and AptX-LL sound profiles for some Intel Bluetooth chipsets are found on the Dell website (somehow).
    This driver is NOT a driver specifically for Dell computers, it is an Intel audio driver, for Intel chipsets - therefore can be used for Intel hardware on any laptop manufacturer (afaik Dell aren't producing chipsets btw - so their drivers come from third-party manufacturers anyway).
    This is exactly what it says on the driver download page:

Intel 7265/3165/7260/3160 Bluetooth Audio Application (WBS/APTX)
    https://www.dell.com/support/home/fr-fr/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=90WTD&fileId=3506730032

So there are two different things: the underlying hardware driver (for the Bluetooth chipset itself) and the audio/sound profile or codec driver (for the sound card over Bluetooth). Both are Intel drivers. This has nothing to do with Dell basically.

4. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You haven't indicated what device you are connecting with BT. I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones that link via BT, and I was able to get some help from their site. I do not think this is your problem. For me, these IEM's can link via low power (LE) BT, depending on how you set up the link. The LE link does not support APTX. I had to be sure to set the link up so that it forced the regular (higher power) BT in order to get APTX.
    You are right, though about source of drivers for APTX. I do not know why Intel hasn't provided them, but Dell may be the only source. There is another company called CSR that has some drivers - they didn't work fully for me, but might be worth a look.
    Good luck. BT sound is definitely a work in progress on computers - phones are much farther along.
    I found another solution: Creative makes a bluetooth dongle (BT-W3) that sells for ~39.00 on Amazon. With its drivers, it appears to provide access to all of the APTx variants (LL, HD, and "regular). Would be worth a try if the other drivers don't work.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  5. fish1203

fish1203 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'm connecting to a simple Bluetooth receiver that supports AptX and AptX-LL (HomeSpot aptX LL adapter found through Amazon). Of course they're not providing any kind of software or driver...

I was not aware of any CSR driver. Could you point to their repository/website (a quick search didn't allow me to pin it) ?

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Creative dongle, but of course the purpose of such a topic is to avoid to buy and add any dongle/device to a laptop that already includes hardware supporting such a feature :)
    It is indeed a pain that Bluetooth is not more supported / well documented in 2021...!

6. Jdpurvis

Jdpurvis Notebook Evangelist

Reputations: