Intel 7260?

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Aeny, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huai

huai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Intel recalled all their sandy bridge CPUs when they came out in Jan-Feb 2011. I think they would recall this AC card without batting an eye if that would cure the problem.

2. Stoop14

Stoop14 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Like are all the cards bad?

3. Invention

Invention Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Can anyone provide me a link to the 17.0.6 driver? can't seem to find it thanks

4. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    They were recalling motherboards, not CPU's. It was because of a flawed chipset that would kill some of the SATA ports over time. Non-functionality is worse than crappy functionality. Intel has released tons of products they knew were relatively shoddy over the years without batting an eye.

downloads likes this.
  5. XiroMisho

XiroMisho Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I have the same issues most everyone else has - this card has been the bane of my existence and it's made my nearly $2000 laptop feel cheap and worthless... I mean a laptop that cannot connect online reliably?

The Base drivers are what I'm using now... Terrible link speed but at least I can open the computer from stand-by without having to disable/enable the device (Common issue with the new drivers, no solution from Intel).

In all honesty... if Intel isn't going to recall these, owners of the cards might want to actually consider legal action. This is extremely prevalent. This forum post alone is massive and Intel's site has a similar forum post.

6. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    This really provides us little to nothing to really give you help on.... If one wants help they should be more constructive so the rest can help.

7. Qing Dao

Qing Dao LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD

Reputations:
    What do you mean by the base drivers? My card works great... as long as I don't put my computer to sleep or try to change networks.

XiroMisho isn't asking for help, so there is no reason to be snarky.

8. Apoxxx

Apoxxx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Against my better judgement I got a G751 laptop even though I knew it had this infamous piece of garbage WiFi adapter.
    And behold, I couldn't even connect to the internet to setup windows. Great, so now I have a $2400 paperweight until I get a friggin USB wifi adapter. Or should I just return the entire laptop instead of settling for external WiFi?

9. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  10. Apoxxx

Apoxxx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Like a new driver makes a difference. They are all the same garbage. Software can't fix an obvious hardware fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.