Intel 7260?

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by Aeny, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbautis2

cbautis2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bluetooth drivers from Intel still hasn't been updated yet. Just keep visiting Intel every week for a new release. Hopefully they release one soon.

2. jayrockk

jayrockk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Need to correct: 801.11 ac performance still is capped at approx 100 Mbps, measured with iperf. File copy at approx 9-10 MB/s. Wireless properties show up to 866 Mbps though. Went back to the Sager drivers.

3. jayrockk

jayrockk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did some more testing and apparently I was wrong in my assumption that the antenna is low performance on 5 GHz. When I have AC power switched on, the reception on 5GHz is ok. When AC is disconnected, the reception gets much weaker. There are locations where I see the receive counter in the wireless properties stopping as soon as I unplug AC. When plugging AC in again, the receive counter continues. Obviously, no AC = no reception.

Unfortunately I didn't test this with the previous 6235 card so I cannot tell right now whether this is any issue with notebook or with the specific 7260 ac card. Anyway, I was wondering if someone has noticed such behaviour before?

For completeness, on 2.4 I don't see this behaviour.

Cheers,

jayrockk

Edit: Note to self: http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/727499-wifi-remedies-samsung-laptops.html

4. WhatsThePoint

WhatsThePoint Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  5. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Thanks WhatsThePoint. Before I was getting frequent lag spikes, didn't know if it was the router or the card or both or what. These seem to have improved it. Lag spikes still occur just not as often. I hope another driver update will eliminate them completely.

6. cbautis2

Reputations:
    Just updated to the *Official* 16.1.3.1 drivers from Intel. No difference from the 16.1.1.3 so far.

Capture.JPG

7. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
  8. cbautis2

Reputations:
    Thanks for the tip. I prefer to install drivers only so all I did to revert back to my previous settings was to change the channel width of 2.4 GHz to "Auto" and left the rest to the "defaults." Overall, this Intel 7260 series is really good since I haven't had any issues with it unlike the Centrino series.

9. WhatsThePoint

Reputations:
    I have the Intel settings enabled>5ghz band>AP MAC address and Cisco option enabled

OS = Windows 7 x64 HP

inSSIDer still hasn't been optimized with an 802.11ac setting

Attached Files:

10. cbautis2

Reputations:
    Well, from your inssider screenshot you only have a few routers/access points. Look at how much routers/access points I have to deal with. I'm amazed I don't get crazy speed drops at this much congestion (router is only 2.4 GHz) at all though the link speed occasionally dips down to 78 MHz when there's too much interference from my neighbors. At least it's not like my previous Centrino Wireless-N 1000 where the connection drops every few hours. I don't know why inssider reports 156 Mbit instead of 144 Mbps like on the other Wi-Fi adapters such as Broadcom or Ralink.

Untitled.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.