Integra!!!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by aan310, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is not a good deal. With new tires and that fix you are looking at about $3K.

You could get a newer RSX for probably double that. I found a 2002 RSX for just over $6K. Sure, it's double the money but half the age and will last longer and looks newer.

2. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What if i can get it for $2,000 - $2,300?

3. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    if this is the same integra that yur family friend or sister's bf was sellin, then i would suggest u go out and look for another car. if i'm not mistaken, this will be yur first car purchase, correct? don't be afraid to take some time out and search for a vehicle that matches yur requirements better. there are so many used vehicle listing sites, so there should be no reason to just settle for this particular integra. u could find a GSR, in better condition, for about the same price u will be paying for this car. that car isn't worth $2650 + tires + cosmetic repairs. the special edition has nothing over the LS model except leather interior.

random tips:
    - '98+ integras will have revised headlights, front bumper, rear bumper, & all red tail lights
    - '98+ GSR's (not 100% sure on other trims) are equipped with lo-jack.
    - WRX's have glass transmissions. the transmissions in honda's v4/i4 vehicles are great trannys...too bad we can't say the same about their axles and motor mounts tho.

edit: forgot to add this penny test. it's a better method of testing tire tread wear.

4. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    no, it's not that car..
    that one had 100k, was a rust bucket and was a 94

5. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
  6. aan310

aan310 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, I drove it today...

Piece of (dog poo)!

he engine had rust on it :p

It idled at around 1800K
    it shifted like you were driving with some one who can't drive stick (it was an auto)
    and the brakes were crap xD

i wouldn't take it for $200 xDDD

Mod, feel free to close this thread!

7. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    the car wouldn't be worth it when you said it had 160K.

not many cars are valuable over 150K... i wouldn't really recommend buying a car then because if the car hasn't had much work done to it at all because it needed none, odds are that you're in for a nightmare.

8. Tippey764

Tippey764 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  9. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    automatic = not good for old car.

buy manual, then turbo .. oh man, on stock B18b you can pull out close to 300whp

10. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    nice prelude. i haven't seen that wings west kit in ages. go get that thing painted and u got a nice start. :cool:

my personal advice to u, if u'r stuck on gettin an integra, would be to just wait. save up around $3000 and look for a 1998 LS model. integras are some of the most stolen cars in the nation. the 1998+ has lojack for added safety, and has the revised bumpers/headlights/taillights. if possible, try to find one from a dealership. older cars with 100k+ miles need alot of maintenance work to be truly dependable. save yurself half the headache by takin yur time and findin a car that is at least in "good" workin condition.

slow yur roll speed racer. the guy is a beginner-level car buyer. all that modifyin would probably hurt more than help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.