Insyde hacking - New Vaio Z - Advanced menu in BIOS

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by psyq321, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Paloseco

Paloseco Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you tell us how you did it? Does El Capitan work?

2. Paloseco

Reputations:
    I respond to myself. OSX Yosemite works better than El Capitan on the Sony Vaio VPC Z13

3. BrunoPGomes

BrunoPGomes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ComputerCowboy's site seems to be in a strange state. Is there a way of obtaining the full Flash-it zip and associated files so that I can patch my US VPCZ13?

and perhaps point me to the safest instructions for the hack?
    Thank you.

4. zaibes

zaibes Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I own a VPCZ13M9E model and unable to select 2560 x 1440 resolution for my external 32' screen. The highest resolution that can be selected on windows is 1920 * 1080 for my 32' monitor ( which can go up to 2560*1440), plugged in HDMI 1.3
    As far as I can see in the spec, this laptop have an Nvidia Geforce GT 330M which can go up to 2560x1600.

I thought this is probably the default driver which prevent me to go up to this resolution( 2010 driver, it has not been updated since ).
    I have tried to update to the latest nvidia driver with this hack but haven't done Bios update ( a bit scared ... ). The driver does not seem to recognize the graphic card ( max resolution 800x600 :D )

1) Do you think its normal that i'am not able to set 2560*1440 in windows with the default driver from Sony page support for the external 32' screen ?
    2) If yes, do you think updating to the latest one on nvidia page would allow me to set it ?
    3) any other idea ?

PS: I think i need to flash the bios to properly make the latest nvidia drivers works, but it would be nice if you could confirm that :)

Thanks a lot if any of you can help me.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. Paloseco

Reputations:
    You can't get a resolution on the screen's notebook higher than the native one, which will be either 1600x900 or 1920x1080 depending on the model. For higher resolution, of course you need to use the VGA-out or the HDMI-out.

6. zaibes

zaibes Newbie

Reputations:
    Sure, I was talking about the screen connected to the laptop through HDMI, not the laptop itself. any thought ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  7. Paloseco

Reputations:
    As far as I know, the output should adopt automatically the native resolution of the tv. Doesn't that happen?

8. zaibes

zaibes Newbie

Reputations:
    After some digging, i managed to update graphic driver ( on windows 7 ) without updating the bios. Just follow the steps on andrew's post: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...s-hybrid-graphics.342947/page-252#post7176699
    Download the driver in andrew's signature: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...hybrid-graphics.342947/page-410#post-10096454

With this graphic driver update, I am able to customize the resolution ( through Nvidia control panel ) and select the definition I want ( 2560 x 1440 ). Text is blurry, but that's another story :)

Paloseco likes this.
  9. Paloseco

Reputations:
    Great! Thanks for sharing the solution with us.

10. udaybath1995

udaybath1995 Newbie

Reputations: