1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Insyde hacking - New Vaio Z - Advanced menu in BIOS

Discussion in 'Sony' started by psyq321, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MartiCode

MartiCode Notebook Enthusiast

Seems the HDD password functionality (useful to lock down SSD) is broken, you can set a password but it won't ask you for it on boot :(

2. EeK85

EeK85 Newbie

I'm getting an "Invalid VSS signature" when trying to run advanced_menu.py. It is mentioned that I should find my VSS offset if such error occurs, but I have no idea how to this or modify the script with the correct values. Can anyone help me?

My current BIOS is INSYDE R2171M3, 10/11/2009 (the latest version available).

3. leafkicker

leafkicker Newbie

Hi guys, will this BIOS hack work on my VPCZ11 BIOS version R3031C3?

4. guho

guho Notebook Consultant

Yes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

5. Wanes085

Wanes085 Newbie

After the Bios hack is done .. do i need the driver patcher from ComputerCowboy or can i use stock NVIDIA drivers for the 330m ?

6. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

Stock drivers will not recognise your hardware. You have to edit the .inf file so that it will believe that it is meant for your hardware. You can do that manually by opening the .inf file and adding the hardware IDs etc. or you can let ComputerCowboy's patcher do it for you. Your choice - whichever you prefer.

7. Wanes085

Wanes085 Newbie

Can someone Reupp the Patcher? Because i don't geht how to edit the .inf file

8. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Deity

There is a link to ComputerCowboy's website in his signature. You should find everything you need over there. :vbthumbsup:

9. Wanes085

Wanes085 Newbie

I have checked this before but his homepage is offline!