Insurance Adjuster Suggestion!

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by spradhan01, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    While I was on my way to Minnesota from Maryland, I was in a non-fault accident. I am unit 2 which hit a guard rail broken by a semi(lucky to be alive:)), 3 in the morning in the state of Indiana. My car was not drivable and coolants were leaking with a busted bumper and tire. Since, it was Friday, I had to wait 3 days in a hotel and spend money on car rental, food, hotel, all out of my pocket. I even had to drive 800 miles back to Minnesota and come back 800 miles to pickup my car and then again drive back since my Insurance took 2 weeks to fix it. It was a big hassle for me. Now, the Unit 1 has accepted the liability and my insurance already fixed the car. My insurance said that they will take the money from the other insurance. The insurance company from Unit 1 was asking for my bills for rental, hotel and stuff. So, to what extent should I give the bills or expenses? Like, can I claim gas for the rental to and fro Minnesota, food expenses while I was stuck in Indiana and loss of my income by wasting many days?

Any suggestion would be really really helpful. This is the first time Im dealing with the liability stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Claim everything that had to be done outside of what you had intended if not for the accident. It sounded awfully inconvenient for you to had to go through all of this to get your car back to the way it was, so make sure you're 100% compensated especially if you are not at fault.

3. spradhan01

spradhan01 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yes I was not at fault at all. What is the procedure to claim for my loss of income? I lost 6 days on this mess. Even I was the only driver in my apartment, so it was hell on me to drive 12+ hours both ways. From what I heard from the cops and the tow guys was that the driver felt asleep who was east bound and drove off the road and hit the divider in the highway to west bound. Since, there was no eyewitness, the driver said he was saving a deer. Even the insurance from the semi seems to defend the action of the driver.

4. DR650SE

DR650SE The Whiskey Barracuda

Reputations:
    Claim EVERYTHING. Let the insurance sort out what they will pay. Then maybe think of getting a lawyer to fight for the rest if the insurance won't pay for it. Claim gas, hotel, income lost, food, retal fees, ect. For the income lost, I would submit several pay stubs, and if possible, the paystub that shows where you lost the income.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're ok! That’s what you have to keep in the forefront. Money is money, and that can be replaced. Your life can't be bought though. Definitely glad you're ok. Sounds like a bad situation.