Installing Windows XP on the Intel based dvx500t Series

Discussion in 'HP' started by mujjuman, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackez

Hackez Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It does include them, should be XTreme-G Driver Version xxx.xx

2. boamuro

boamuro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oops, I apologize. Thanks! (thanks also to Typo) I thought that was for some wireless driver.

Is the Motorola Modem Drivers mandatory?

I'm not seeing the "hp intergrated module" - I keep getting the Audio and Modem Driver find drivers dialog popping up on me, and even if I select automatically find, it won't! What should I do?

3. Hackez

Hackez Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It isn't, but to ensure system stability I would recommend installing them regardless. You never know when you may have to use it, better to be safe than sorry. Installing the drivers won't hurt your performance whatsoever, the drivers for the modem are unobstrusive and very small.

4. boamuro

boamuro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm having problems with the audio and modem drivers, which keeps asking me about it... I select automatically find drivers but it fails.

Right now, I'm at...

In "Other Devices"
    it shows the ! for:

Audio Devices on High Definition Audio Bus
    Base System Device
    Base System Device
    Base System Device
    Ethernet Controller
    Fingerprint Sensor
    Modem Device on High Definition Bus

:(

5. linuxrick

linuxrick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On the dv2500t it has different Audio, modem and ethernet controller hardware.. check out robvia site for info on the dv2500t and links to drivers.

Modem is a HDAudio soft data fax modem with smartCP(what vista called it) Found the drivers in Vistas swsetup/modem folder.

I dont mean to be a cross poster but...im lazy and dont want to type.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=171302&page=2

6. boamuro

boamuro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Oh, great... How can I remove the drivers so I can install the proper ones for the 2500t? Or would just installing the 2500t ones overwrite the incompatible ones for me; would it then leave me alone with the New Hardware Found message?

7. linuxrick

linuxrick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You could just remove the hardware from device manager( i think uninstall if you right click) then you can refresh and it will pick it up again. Or just try and install over the current drivers, I think thats what I did I cant remember.

8. jbrons

jbrons Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know if this guide works with the 9535nr? (The 9535nr has "hp pavillion dv9000" right above the display).

It looks like hp is working hard to make it impossible to downgrade to xp; its own driver page for the 9535nr is almost empty.

9. boamuro

boamuro Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Is it possible to use the play/stop touch buttons to work with Winamp or other Players?

10. Typo

Typo Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got a dv2500t yesterday, and after a lot of searching and trial and error (and three clean installs), everything is installed except the modem. The system seems very stable so far.

THANK YOU Mujjuman for the excellent guide! Couldn't have done it without your help. Formatting this HP was much harder than my Sony.

For dv2500t users:

Follow all the instructions on the guide, with the following exceptions:

When it says to install the Realtek Ethernet drivers, instead install the "Yukon" drivers. They can be found here.

When it says to install the "WDM drivers," instead install the Conexon audio drivers found here. Even though it says it's for AMD, install it (I'm running a Core 2 Duo). After you install it, you'll get a window that says it "couldn't find the Device" or something to that effect. Just ignore that - it'll be fixed later on when you right-click the PCI Device and update the driver.

(*Note: I installed both the Realtek audio drivers and the Conexon drivers, but I'm betting you can get away with just installing the Conexon drivers since the Realtek ones didn't work in the first place for the dv2500).

That's about it. I didn't order Bluetooth, so I didn't install the Bluetooth or the HP wireless assistant.

If anyone can figure out how to get the modem exclamation point off, let me know. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.