Installing Windows XP on the Intel based dvx500t Series

Discussion in 'HP' started by mujjuman, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagical

bagical Newbie

Reputations:
    My laptop is a dv65000t.

Oh nevermind, you were right! It was the card reader - I found the right drivers and fixed it, thanks for the tip!

2. bloodhand

bloodhand Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the instructions and the driver pack. :) I have successfully installed Windows XP 32-bit on my HP dv9580eg. Everything is working fine, I have noticed way more performance than in Windows Vista (I have now 1,6 GB free of system RAM - in Vista I had only 1 GB free; the number of fps in games is almost double; the startup and shutdown works a lot faster).
    I have also tried to install Windows XP 64-bit edition using your tips, but it didn't work for me. The problem was that neither my HP SATA driver for 64-bit nor the driver from Hackez driver pack weren't accepted by the windows and I couldn't format the C: drive for installation. I wish it would have worked for the 64-bit, though. It would be very kind of you if you could upload a 64-bit driver pack to use with these instructions.
    And one more thing: I want to know if HP QuickPlay can be installed or not in Windows XP (tried using the kit provided by HP, but it says it is only for vista).
    I appreciate all your work and I thank you again for the information provided on this topic. Cheers ! :D

3. mujjuman

mujjuman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think its a hardware/driver problem, because the same thing happens when i plug in an external mic.....

i noticed this before but i never addressed this since i dont use microphone anymore

4. mujjuman

mujjuman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    good to know you installed XP successfully on your laptop (dv2000)
    the dvx000 series have that option, but the newer laptops (dvx500 series) dont.

the card reader driver included didnt work for you? it worked for me....

congratulations on installed XP! currently, 64-bit SATA drivers cannot be found.

about Quickplay.... right now it seems pretty much impossible.

5. mujjuman

mujjuman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    updates:

added additional download link

6. linuxrick

linuxrick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone know if the dv2415us is similar to the dv2500t since they are the 2000 series? I just ordered the 2500t, will be wiping out vista and installing XP...and will work on getting ubuntu on there as well.

I created a slipstream CD for my dad's pc a while back, I believe I was able to 'merge' all his drivers into the install? I created an unattended install so it's easy for him to reinstall if ever needed. I may be wrong on that, it was a while ago.

Anyway, I will try it on the dv2500 and post my results.
    Thanks for the great guide and the collection of XP drivers!! Huge time saver!

7. Hackez

Hackez Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I believe the dv2415us is considered part of the 2000 series, whereas the 2500 are an entire new series.

In short the dv2415us and 2500 are different.

8. alsocalledmrhahn

alsocalledmrhahn Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm having trouble burning the CD... up to that point everything has been going smoothly.

I just got my 9500t about two weeks ago, and this was basically the one "base" I didn't cover in investigating my computer. I am so thankful to both of you for putting this together though; so far Vista has been fine, but now programs, games, and even plug-and-play stuff won't install, so I need to dual-boot.

When I try to do the direct burn in nLite, it gets to about 90 kilobytes and craps out and says error 8448 (which I can't find anything about in English).

I'm using a Windows Home Edition SP1 CD and also using the SP2 Network/IT Install (this is right, right? Can't seem to do just SP2).

I also tried creating just the image and burning that. Didn't seem to work yet, but I'm going to try once more.

Anyone else have this problem?

9. Hackez

Hackez Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I suggest searching nLite's official site for that error code, they will be able to solve your problem more than us.

If you are running Windows Vista ensure it has all Windows Updates and turn off UAC. The Windows XP folder you modified with nLite I suggest placing it on your Desktop to avoid permission issues as well.

10. alsocalledmrhahn

alsocalledmrhahn Newbie

Reputations:
    Their site had no info, checked that first... but upon closer inspection, it seems like my CD burner doesn't work at all! Luckily I could burn a DVD and now have Windows XP installed!

For some reason my drivers pack didn't seem to have the NVIDIA drivers, but I have another computer accessible and am downloading another one to try and locate them. Everything else has gone smoothly so far. Just more drivers and setting up the dual-boot portion to go.

Thank you!

~k.hahn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.