Installing Windows XP on the Intel based dvx500t Series

Discussion in 'HP' started by mujjuman, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mujjuman

mujjuman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i dont know, i havent tried.... but u can try it. the drivers could be different

2. cris1004

cris1004 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    I don't know how related to this subject my question is, but here it goes anyways.
    I successfully downgraded my 9500 to XP thanx to ur tutorial, but I've been having a problem since I bught this laptop, before downgrading to vista.

With the REALTEK HD audio my microphone sound is awfully low, so much that I can't use any voice software. I cant record my own voice, because the volume is terribly low.

I have updated all the drivers, and played with the mic calibration but i get no results.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
    thx =)

3. donsenen

donsenen Newbie

Reputations:
    Guys thank you VERY,VERY much for your contribution!

As it was said several times and in differents forums HP is not interested in help their customers to solve their needs so you "Mujjaman and Hackez" became our support center for the XP installation process.

I´m having a problem i can´t download the driver pack from megaupload, I always receive the message "all connections busy" (tried during the last week).
    Is it posible to upload de driver pack in another place or any p2p or torrent?
    I will HIGHLY appreciatte this! thanks again!! regards from Buenos Aires!

Sorry i posted this in the previous forum first.

4. Hackez

Hackez Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Please see my post on the first page, its the fourth one down.

We have added a new link courtesy of a NBR Forum Member which should alleviate your issues.

Thanks

Offtopic: I have just made some revisions to the Guide to make it clearer for forum members, Mujjuman should be putting this revision up sometime soon.

5. Hackez

Reputations:
    Have you tried going under your Control Panel > Sound Options > Advanced > Input and turning Microphone up to maximum?

Thanks

6. bagical

bagical Newbie

Reputations:
    In the second to last image what are the three "Base System Device" items that still do not have drivers?

Just wondering because I installed all the drivers recommended in the guide and I am still missing three "Base System Device" items.

I am clueless as to what they would be because my computer seems to be functioning fully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. Hackez

Reputations:
    Normally those three "Base System Device" items are from the Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader. What HP model do you have? As stated in my Driver Pack readme those drivers are based off the DV9500T and should work with the DV6500T and DV2500T, but they could have used a different model Card Reader.

If so we should be able to resolve it rather easily, as stated above what HP Laptop do you have? Once I have that information I should be able to help you resolve your issue if my Ricoh Drivers don't work for you.

8. cris1004

cris1004 Newbie

Reputations:

Yep, I did =/
    boost, maximum, everything

9. Hackez

Reputations:
    The microphone could be faulty, but I find in general integrated mics are of lesser quality than external or headset microphones are. (In my opinion that is)

10. trannypunk

trannypunk Newbie

Reputations:
    I sucessfully installed XP on my HP dv2415us using the supplied driver set. Most of the drivers worked, and those that did not were picked up in Windows Update. The only driver that did not work was the NIC, but the driver on http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3177435&lang=en worked.

On the dv2415us, in the bios you can "disable" the native sata support, and install from your default xp install disk without having to nlite any sata drivers.

Thanks for your guide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.