1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

installing internal bluetooth module on gateway t series

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by dewsphere, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewsphere

dewsphere Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i want to install a bluetooth module on a t-1620 but gateway doesnt seem to be selling the modules. does anyone know where to get one?

2. qhn

qhn Notebook User

Reputations:
    found one by urself yet?

cheers ...

3. dewsphere

Reputations:
    nope ive asked gateway and they told me i dont have an extra mini pcie slot when i do so no more trusting them

4. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think you do. onions review shows that there is indeed an extra mini pci slot for the laptop ive tried looking but the ones ive found include the wifi. :p

5. dewsphere

Reputations:
    what did u find? bluetooth and wifi on the same slot?

6. reasonabledave

reasonabledave Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you go to the Gateway Notebook homepage you will see the m-150 series which is essentialy the same as the T-1616 (intel though) In any case, then navigate to the support section for that model (M-150) and look up components, bluetooth module:Wa-La! we have various part numbers for what appear to be the same blutooth internal chip (foxconn) If you contact tech support, to try and purchase, they will send you to sales up-grade, the challenge is getting a rep that is able to comprehend what you are trying to buy! anyway after three tries I got a quote of 94 dollars GEEZ!
    Soooooooo I did not order it. If you look carefully at the picture on the "main view" page you will see that it is NOT minipci express. Go to the Dell website and look up "bluetooth module" easy to find, it looks to be the same part for $19.99 ! I have not done this yet, I believe there is a connector on the motherboard that accepts this module, the Dell website has instructions for their various models, but I have yet to Dissect my laptop, I have the P-6301 which is the 17" complement to the T-1616.

7. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    wow good job reasonabledave. tell me if you do find it. and pls show a link lol sounds like alot of navigating

8. dewsphere

Reputations:
  9. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    awesome would that work on the t-1616? ey onion if u read this can u tell us?

10. lokster

lokster Notebook Deity

Reputations: