Installing a GTX 1060 on a P170EM (Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by eriannmx, Apr 21, 2017.

1. eriannmx

eriannmx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I recently got a cheap MSI GTX 1060 for my P170EM (yay!). I followed steps presented by user @Billy2789 but currently I'm stuck i nthe drivers installation step.

I don't really get the grasp of how to properly modify the INI files of the drivers. After several tries I managed to install the drivers on Safe Mode, but that didn't work once I got into Normal Mode.

@Billy2789 has it up and running on the same machine using Windows 7, and has kindly shared his INI file for some old drivers. But before I give up and format the computer and roll back to windows 7, I would like to know if any of you know how I can install the drivers in Windows 10.

@Prema has also one up and running as I have a read on a P150EM, so I just need to find out what I am doing wrong....

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have you tried a pre-modded set from laptopvideo2go.com?

3. eriannmx

eriannmx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Didn't know there was such a thing.... Currently the website looks to be down, but I'll try later to see if there's some luck.

Edit: Ok tried it, same result - "Driver failed to install"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  4. Adbear

Adbear Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As it's a modded driver and you are using Win 10 then I assume the driver is unsigned. Do you still have secure boot on in the BIOS as this can block driver installs if the driver is not properly signed, or Google on how to install non signed drivers in Windows 10

5. eriannmx

eriannmx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I had disabled signature driver enforcement. But know I'm in deeper problem, as it seems I ****ed up the BIOS u_u

6. eriannmx

eriannmx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok fixed BIOS problem, still looking for solutions XD