Installed WWAN in a CF-19MKI

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by th3umbra, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexgromov

alexgromov Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. onirakkiss

onirakkiss Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    -->
    http://www.sierrawireless.com/product/em_comparison.aspx

I have this one (MC8781) since a couple of days. th3umbra and I exchanged the cards via mail. t3umbra is an honest person.

3. alexgromov

Reputations:
    People, can anybody of you help me to buy this card (MC8781 or 881U)? I have the PayPal with couple of dollars, but I can not buy anything from ebay, because my PayPal account belonged to my USA bank account, but I am in Kazakhstan. Sellers never will send in my case to Kazakhstan accordingly the rules of ebay.

4. alexgromov

Reputations:
    Onirakkiss, thanks a lot for the link. So, somebody from the Ukrainian forum has a mistake...

5. seal_a5

seal_a5 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi~ Alexgromov

Basicly .. This antenna that I bought from China internet market.
    This is the link : http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/trade_detail.htm?tradeID=2227720001&itemID=5fcf557b3545e412d90cd86ef4c32c64&xID=0db1
    I just changed the antenna cable..
    It comes with Multi-bands (869MHz~960MHz;1570~1580MHz;1920MHz~2500MHz) on several PIFAs on a FPC base board and it's not a "active antenna"

No I'm from TAIWAN but work in the China.
    When I move my Cf-19 to indoor that will lose the GPS data and satellites so I don't think my data is from cellular connection...
    I also take off SIM card to test GPSone then it can get satellites but no data....Maybe like cell pohne no SIM-card no work...

6. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:

It might not be as simple as needing a connection to benefit from the assisted gps

The lack of data that you report could be that the service provider has locked out even the gps data through a software lock tied into the watcher application

Alex

7. onirakkiss

onirakkiss Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    U are complete correct!

8. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    With aGPS, the location information is processed at the tower and sent along with the cellular data; it seems to me that losing the GPS when you disable the broadband card is evidence that it doesn't actually use a satellite connection.

I'd suggest a simpler test; leave the SIM card in place, then block the direct satellite signal with a grounded trash-can lid or something similar. If you LOSE GPS but STILL have wireless broadband, then I'd believe it is using satellite connection... otherwise, I stick by my assertion that his GPS is entirely terrestrial based.

Don't think for one moment that I believe seal_A5 is trying to deceive us here; I just believe that his setup is sophisticated enough to fool him...

mnem
    Technology at work, undermining our trust in our own senses...

9. Alex

Alex Super Moderator

Reputations:
    It would clear this up ..Sort of:confused:

But the cellular signal has to be reasonable

So a pan with edges might be used to block only satellites ,and still allow wwan internet access

Alex

10. mnementh

mnementh Crusty Ol' TinkerDwagon

Reputations:
    Seal seems like a resourceful sort... I think he could manage it. I know I can kill my Garmin just by moving it from the windshield to the seat, but my iPwn still works in the same spot...

mnem<~~~ STILL iPwned ~~~<<<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.