installed some new tanks... thought i'd share

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by 07torchgt, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07torchgt

07torchgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    thanks, i appreciate it...

i used to use the screen but it was more of a hassle... this one is an air to water heat exchanger and they are built a bit tougher than air to air intercoolers ...

2. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    on our 01 gt we have a P1SC (prochargers ROCK!) and we have an Air to Air intercooler, and i remember it flooded one time when i was on my way home from Ocean City, Maryland, and i took an off ramp to get off I-95 and the bottom of the ramp was flooded 1-2 feet. my fog lights burnt out pretty much instantly (i think) and i'm positive water seeped right through the intercooler, however, i had it inspected a few days after i drove through that and they didn't really find any issues or water damage.

it was perhaps the most difficult time i had driving that car since the roads were slick, partially flooded, and my nerves from ruining my engine and blower pretty much killed everything.

but btw, nice setup!

3. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    crazy stuff that mother nature. i know whatcha mean. i've had similar problems as well with a few of my cars. i remember i hydrolocked my old g35...it was a sad, sad night. :(

4. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Woah dude, looks nice under the hood. I think it's safe to say that you have the Cadillac of engines :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.