Install Window 10 on a Samsung NP530U3C

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by MwenDavo, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, then the next thing i would look at is the USB drive and the image you're suing whether or not it's corrupted or not. ODD can have the same issue if the download was corrupted as well.

Looking at the specs on this thing though being from 2012 i.e 10 years old at this point sometimes it's just easier to cut your losses and move on. If you keep putting time / money into this thing it's just going to become a money pit of disappointment. I realize we like challenges around here but, you could buy another one for $150 on ebay.

2. MwenDavo

MwenDavo Newbie

Reputations:
    If it were me, I'd buy an XPS 13 and throw this to the bin, but I live in Argentina where the economy is practically ruined because of poor management and corrupt governments. I managed to get this laptop used and it was practically free, that's why I'm investing so much time to it. I was planning to use it for university lectures, as it's smaller and lighter than my 15 inch dell inspiron.
    I think I'll keep struggling with it, something has to be the culprit of the error. Anyway, thanks for the help.

3. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:

4. MwenDavo

MwenDavo Newbie

Reputations:
    I recently found out that I'm not on the latest BIOS version, and that latest updates have improved compatibility with both Windows 10 and Linux. I have P10AAJ, which is the latest I could found on the bios list thread. The Bios Update software detects that BIOS version P15AAJ is available, but it fails to download it. Does anyone have a way to get the newest BIOS update?

5. MwenDavo

MwenDavo Newbie

Reputations:
    After investigating a bit I managed to find one of the files that BiosUpdate.exe created and found out the name of the bios I was looking for. Using this guide I got the file and run it through a USB on the laptop, and now I'm on the latest BIOS version. The file was called "BUContent.xml". I'll try using the latest BIOS and see if I can get Windows running.