Inspiron 15 7567 now shipping with default IPS screen?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Soulsaber, May 19, 2017.

1. Ramzay

Ramzay Notebook Connoisseur

Reputations:
    Yeah it's a totally decent panel for the price - you can't expect one of the better 99% sRGB/350 nits panel at this price point.

If you want to know what panel TN that was, look up reviews for the Lenov Y50 from several years ago - it was using the same display panel.

Here's the review I made of it, but I didn't post the colour-space numbers for some reason.

2. BCRG

BCRG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ya its totally decent to me. Mind you my other laptops were 5 years old and 8 years old so thats the type of display im used to. lol. This is a huge upgrade to what those are. they were before any ips technology even existed lol

3. edit1754

edit1754 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Based on the HWID should be the AUO B156HAN06.3 (The two numbers in the AUO IDs usually seem to correpond to the two in the actual model number)

4. McCol

McCol Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anybody know if Dell UK are shipping with the IPS screen?

5. damanj23

damanj23 Newbie

Reputations:
    I opened mine up and have that exact model number. Is there any information on the AUO B156HAN06.3 out there? I can only find spec sheets for the 6.0 and a little bit of info about the 6.1.

I see people say the 6.1 is bad for color, but the 6.0 shows pretty decent specs on panelook. So I am not sure what to think of my 6.3.

I am trying to figure out if it's worth ordering the AUO B156HAN01.2 or not. Which does have the wider color gamut.

6. TheRealJohnp

TheRealJohnp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What region are you guys purchasing your laptops in? Every other review/person has the LGD053F IPS screen in their tests while you guys have the AUO. Maybe its just a supply change for the past month? You guys buy directly from Dell or Bestbuy (if in the us) ?

Edit: My Bestbuy model gets the AUO screen which I think is better.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. laptopper333

laptopper333 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    What kind of boot times are people getting with this laptop? Mine is taking up to a minute to boot to desktop (I disable Win 10 login screen). I'm wondering if adding a storage HDD might've slowed it down?

I disabled Win 10 fast boot and that seemed to speed it up by about 30 seconds... but the boot time still feels sluggish for a SSD.

8. damanj23

damanj23 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am booting with the m2 ssd and I just did a quick stopwatch test, took about 15 seconds. The m2 in the last computer dell sent me that had to be replaced due to them accidentally shipping the crappy tn panel, had even better read/write speeds on the ssd and would have booted even faster. But that m2 came with a stripped screw, so I couldn't swap them.

9. edit1754

edit1754 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I would think not since they aren't listing it in the specs. The regions that are are listing it, and only on the versions that have it. You might still opt to get it and replace the screen yourself, though. You can get a better one than what Dell offers for IPS.

10. alltracboy

alltracboy Newbie

Reputations:
    it is TN panel. I had the same and it is horrible.

C1JFR 1 LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 15.6FHD, AG, EDP1.2, BOE

XNHVP 1 INFORMATION, SWSI, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 15.6, NON-TCH[/QUOTE]