Inspiron 14R / N4010 Windows XP Drivers Complete Set

Discussion in 'Dell Inspiron and Dell Studio' started by sluk, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluk

sluk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    For those who want to downgrade their Inspiron 14R / N4010 below is the set of drivers that I collected and tested working well in my machine running Windows XP SP3, download links:

Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part1.rar
    Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part2.rar
    Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part3.rar
    Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part4.rar
    Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part5.rar
    Inspiron_14R_N4010_XP_Drivers_Full_Set.part6.rar

OR

MediaFire download LINKS

Group below can be install manually after OS install:
    Atheros AR813-AR815x-v1.0.0.41_WHQL LAN Adapter
    SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1 WebCam Driver & Applications
    R255591 Synaptics TouchPad
    Realtek RTS5138 Card Reader 6.1.7600
    DW1501 5.60.48.35 WiFi Adapter
    Realtek ALC269Q-GR WDM_HD Audio R249 5.10.0.6132
    ATI Display Apps & Utilities
    ATI Catalyst 10.6 Drivers Modified for Mobility HD 5470
    ATI HDMI DP Audio Driver 10.6_XP32-64
    BT365 Bluetooth Driver & Application

Group below need Splitstearm into Windows XP Installation CD:
    Intel HM57 AHCI
    Intel HM57 Chipset
    Intel HM57 Management Engine Interface
    Intel HM57 Turbo Boost Technology

Hope this can save you some troubles...

Notes: On many occasion this board did not inform me about new incoming messages on this topic... In case I absent or no respond to your message here please feel free to contact me directly via this link

2. reddragon123

reddragon123 Newbie

Reputations:
    i wanted to know how to install ati catalyst

3. sluk

sluk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    First extract the ATI Catalyst 10.6 Drivers then enter Device Manager and use the "Have Disk" method to update the display driver. Have disk method is a way to install a driver that does not have any setup program to install itself automatically. In principle what you are doing is showing Windows where drivers are located. Driver installation scripts are written in *.inf files so a driver must have these files, and this file is located inside:

Drivers\Display\XP_INF\​

of the extracted directory.

To access the driver update follow the steps below:
    1)Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2)The System Properties window will open. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.

3)The Device Manager window will open. Double-click Display adapters.

4)Right-click on whatever display adapter it shown and click "Update Driver"

5)Select the following option when the Hardware Update Wizard asks to connect to Windows Update: No, not this time. Click Next.

6)Select the following option: Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.

7)Select the Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install option, and then Next

7.1) UNCheck "Show compatible hardware"

8)Click on the Have Disk... button, and then click the Browse button.

9)Browse to the directory where you extracted the driver above i.e. the Drivers\Display\XP_INF subdirectory.

10)Locate and highlight the the CX100944.inf file then Click the Open button

11)Click the OK button. A window listing all of the available display types should open. Select the "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470", and then click the Next button.

12)The operating system will install the driver. Click the Finish button when done.

4. sluk

sluk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As I know most of the N4010 drivers works with N5010 so you can try to download my most up-to-date set of N4010 drivers from the above links. Since I don't own an N5010 so you have to tell me which drivers doesn't works and tell me what particular hardware is used and I can try locate the missing for you and work out a complete set of XP drivers for the N5010.

To install the AHCI driver you need to enable AHCI in BIOS during the XP installation - in order to avoid BSOD upon the XP installation you have to:

1) Splitstream the AHCI driver into the XP installation CD
    or ​
    2) Copy the AHCI drivers into a floppy disk and press F6 when you see a message in the status line that says in the very beginning of the XP install process.

If you don't have a floppy drive you have to use method 1) and most people use nLite to splitstream additional drivers into the original XP installation CD.

For use in a laptop I would say ATA and AHCI mode doesn't make any performance different so you can just ignore it if you think the procedures to enable AHCI under XP are too complicated.

5. nagarajkumbar

nagarajkumbar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

Thank you very much.

I need audio driver for IDT 92HD79B1.
    I am unable find XP driver for this.

Can you please help me out?

Regards,
    Nagaraj

6. sluk

sluk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Please try THIS and let me know the result

7. reddragon123

reddragon123 Newbie

Reputations:
    ok another questions>> my n4010 cant recognize the battery in the power option (i mean when i insert my battery it keeps telling me that i am on the ac power) what should i do to fix that???or can u find quickset for n4010 xp???i cant find it anywhere,and do i have to slipstream managment engine , intel turbo and chipset when i can install them normally ??? >>>please help

8. sluk

sluk Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Battery cannot be recognize under XP, this is an unresolved issue, you also need to disable "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" from Device Manager or else your CPU will keep a 20 - 25% loading at all time. No XP Quickset driver for any HM55/57 chipset laptop from Dell. Only AHCI driver needed slipstream, others can install after the OS installation.

9. reddragon123

reddragon123 Newbie

Reputations:
    so this means that i cant know if my battery is going low or not .... ok is there any program Similar to quickset i can use ???

thx

10. shweatha

shweatha Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi i am unable to install video,audio and wirless drivers can some one help with that,i formated my system and installed Xp over it
    i downloaded all the links but unable to install the above on my computer.

Thanks
    shweatha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.