in production?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by azntiger1000, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    haha yea. i called dell and they gave me a free carrying case or something like that. lol my shopping is done. haha.

2. LuckMC11

LuckMC11 Computer Extraoirdinaire NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    u could be getting it today...since it usually arrives within 1 week of the order :D ...mine did..and a lot of other people's did 2 :D :D

3. canonman

canonman Newbie

Reputations:
    eek yeah, i hope mine gets here, it's not showing anything either... and if things get delayed then things could get dirty... I'm leaving the country for a year on august 18th, also the latest possible day it is scheduled to arrive. maybe i'll call for info...

and speak of the devil, the status page change... they removed all the specifics and simplified it to

(check) Order Processing: Saturday, July 30, 2005
    Order Sent to Warehouse:
    Estimated Ship Date: Thursday, August 11, 2005

well that sucks...

4. Shootingstars

Shootingstars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I never heard of Sent to Warehouse in the order status. Just InProduction (Kitting, build, testing and boxing), Shipping Prep and Estimated Ship date.

5. canonman

canonman Newbie

Reputations:
    Yesh, well this morning it was back to normal but I called anyway and apparently it is in the build phase which makes me feel better

6. sublime

sublime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow, this is wierd. I ordered an XPS on the 28th, and I am having the same issue. It's been in the "in production" phase ever since!! And they didn't even reply back to my email!!! So far, the estimated ship date is the 9th, but at this rate, I don't even see that happening!!! Really now, with how quick things change in the computer world, the month it is taking to ship it can pretty much mean the difference of a top of the line computer, or a mid-range one!! Ok, maybe I exaggerated a LITTLE, but you get the idea.

Grrrrr

7. Shootingstars

Shootingstars Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My I9300 has been stuck on boxing for 3 days already. I mean how long does Dell need to box the laptop? I'm sure in doesn't take over 3 days. I wish Dell would just ship my laptop already.

8. Jeff Ornstein

Jeff Ornstein Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My 9300 was in Boxing for three days too, but now its been SHIPPED! from Nashville. It says it is scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow by 3pm.

woohoo!

9. hln98

hln98 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Boxing 3 days really means your laptop is being shipped from Malaysia or wherever they built Dell laptops (they don't build them in US). When it says shipped, it means it is here in US and ready to ship to you via UPS or FedEx.

I am waiting for mine too. I ordered it on 7/31 and still no status other than In Production. I called yesterday and complained so they gave me overnight shipping free of charge which is nice. My schedule ship date is the 11th so hopefully it will ship soon.

10. TTT

TTT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i ordered mine on the 28th, and i think on 8/2 it just jumped to boxing... but the estimated ship date is still 8/10... i dont think its ganna take 6 more days to ship it to the USA... cant complain much... its pretty on time lol