In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Announcements and Guidelines' started by only, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. only

only Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get a blank white screen and that message on top every time I try to login, reply to a message, post a thread or amend my profile. And it's not just this forum but all forums that use vB that this happens.

I know it's a firewall issue because that message doesn't come up when I turn it off. I'm using Outpost if that helps.

Is there any way to fix this?>

2. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I've never used Outpost, but it just sounds like to me, that you have to add notebookreview.com to your allow list. :) And forum.notebookreview.com

3. only

only Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't see anything about an allow list or a whitelist in the program or the help file and thought it was something on the servers end reacting to my firewall proxy.

4. talin

talin Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ok. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't know then. :(

5. Kdawgca

Kdawgca rotaredoM repudrepuS RBN Super Moderator

Reputations:
    http://outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17531&highlight=sites+whitelist
    That thread mentions something about referers and active content.
    Try adding a site specific filter in the 'Active Content plugin' options windows to allow referrers from NBR(I assume you would use forum.notebookreview.com as the site).

There is an online manual for Outpost that talks about the active content plugin here:
    http://www.outpostfirewall.com/guide/the_outpost_gui/plugins/active_content.htm

6. only

only Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^ Ahh thanks, that does work!

Also thanks for the links too.