In-ear buds and gaming

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by tiner, Dec 21, 2020.

1. tiner

tiner Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi.

I've just been trying to use voice chat in games with a pair of in-ear buds and their mic, with definitely no luck.

Whenever I switch on the voice chat, every game's internal sound will stop working.

I think that's something output mode related. With Skype I can both listen and use the mic changing the audio output to a LOW quality one (HANDS FREE AG audio). I think that is the point of this.

Is this normal? I mean, is there by any chance any possibility of listening normal audio quality and using the mic at the same time? Or maybe some bluetooth limitation over there?

Just wondering because of the common use of buds without issues in smartphones xD

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i think you need to check settings andmake sure your not doing a passthrough

3. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are you wired or wireless connection? I think this sounds more like a settings in your Audio setup. Have you looked there yet as to what the settings are. I know if you turned off mic on the settings it will not give you this option when you play games so go back and check your Audio settings as that what sounds like it happening here. But also check your game settings for Audio to see the settings.