IMPORTANT SECURITY UPDATES!

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Prema, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    OK, update me when they're ready!

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    That suddenly again recommended 'C2' version for 'SKL-S' is also just the same old Spectre November update they used before and which you already have in your Prema BIOS. It wasn't affected by the December/January code changes that caused instability.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    W00d_m3, KY_BULLET, steberg and 2 others like this.
  3. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    Amen to that, this is good news!

Prema likes this.
  4. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    Many thanks, Prema.

Prema likes this.
  5. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully you can help us maintain our machines secure :)
    Thank you again

Enviado do meu SM-N950F através do Tapatalk

Prema likes this.
  6. Qadhi79

Qadhi79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Since you have locked my thread at http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/tpm-security-update.813300/ I am going to reply you here

1. I have not taken files from you. Get real, you cook BIOS and not TPM firmware files and they come from Infineon..Infineon even includes a License PDF which you have removed from your package.
    2. I waiting to get the most updated files and did not take it from you. They came from another source with a lot more firmware files including the 5.50.x but I removed them and only kept the latest including the 5.50 which you did not include in yours.
    3. There is no violation of terms and conditions or re-posting as my TPM thread was created on 1st Feb and you created it on 2nd Feb which clearly makes YOU in violation of T&C of the forum and re-posting.
    4. It is not a repackage. The firmwares are from a different source and include a lot more versions. Also the TPM update utility is a new one (you have packaged an old one) and takes configuration input from a config file (which the older one your included cannot do).
    5. I also created simple batch scripts to people cannot get confused with so many firmwares and commands and can just type a small name and be done with it.
    6. I posted here asking if anyone has the TPM update and nobody had one (including you) so I found it on google, updated my TPM and created a guide on the 1st Feb for everyone to update to 5.62.x which is a secure firmware and you posted your guide on 2nd Feb. If posting an similar thread is violation of T&C then you have violated it..if posting an update is not a violation then neither you or me have violated anything.
    7. My discussion with you was never about getting the latest TPM firmware but rather about you inability to understand TPM and the illogical excuses you were making again and again to hide behind your ego..which jumped up again as you locked my thread without waiting for my response.

Here is a link to the firmwares I have with a lot more firmwares and updated TPM update utility
    https://onedrive.live.com/download?...=1E25BD0C9E57C3DA!609&authkey=AEDa1MUISr27LR0

@Papusan @hmscott @katalin_2003 @ZaZ @John Ratsey @Dannemand

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I simply asked the Mods to remove a duplicated post containing the very files I uploaded also in order not to confuse user:

1, 2 & 4 > Sure thing you used the files I uploaded, they are time stamped by myself and have their original factory time removed buddy (Edit: original unaltered factory stamps have also been provided to the Mods as proof of origin). You walked right into a trap and got caught red handed:

[​IMG]

3: You violated the T&C of premamod.team which are are also included in the 'readme'

5: All user have to do with the files in the OP is type 'update' and hit 'enter. Too much?

6: I answered your request for a TPM update and posted all 5.63 & 4.43 files as the version you posted in this very thread was outdated by months and only contained a single update.
    Here the deleted quote.

7. You requested the latest files (the first post from you in this thread).
    I also already said twice that I mixed the signing info with TBT while trying to answer your questions, not enough? Admitting to be wrong is a healthy thing also for that 'ego', you should try it sometime.

Sorry, but I won't see any more of you as you are going on the ignore list now.

Dennismungai, 0lok, Vasudev and 6 others like this.
  8. Qadhi79

Qadhi79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have posted the full firmware archive I got and they are from Infineon and even though you have removed the Infineon License PDF from your archive, please don't claim it as your own. The one you posted contains the older TPM Update utility and missing many other firmware. Only call it your own if you have cooked it..you and I have merely distributed Infineon firmwares and thats about it.

Duplicate is something posted after the actual post..clearly my post on 1st Feb came before your post on 2nd Feb..and I have posted the full firmware archive from Infineon so please stop calling it yours. Too bad if you had this update long ago and was sitting on it..I guess you are pissed that I uploaded it before you..ego problem.

Your archive contains far more confusing files than just typing "update" because you used an old version of TPM update utility and had to type commands again and again.

[​IMG]

I asked for a TPM fix on 1st Feb in this post and then after finding an update myself made another post right after it..these are post #212 and #213 are no other posts in middle so you did not post anything between me asking for a fix and posting an update myself. One of the members asked a new thread to be created and I edited and moved to a new one..here is that post with the quote

No, you did not confuse TPM with TBT and your post clearly shows you incorrect knowledge of TPM here:

TPM, Endorsement Keys, Clearing TPM, stuck Keys, Microsoft TPM documentation..blah blah..No, you did not mix TPM with TBT as you were talking about TPM all the time and then TBT was just an excuse trying to cover up lack of technical understanding of TPM and excuses to hide it..TPM and TBT can be confusing if you are just typing it but providing Microsoft Links and trying to answer specific TPM terminology is not confusion..but again your ego problem.

9. W00d_m3

W00d_m3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Prema do you mind fixing the link for ME 11.X firmware update?

Mega link is dead

10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I think there's a new MEFW incoming possibly 3448 or higher.

hmscott and W00d_m3 like this.