IMPORTANT!!: Heads up on Techinferno

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hacktrix2006, Oct 15, 2017.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Best way to counter it is to disable Javascript or use google chrome extension to block it.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  2. ShadowsNight

ShadowsNight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks @hacktrix2006 that worked great! For anyone who doesn't know, in crome you can go to settings/privacy and security/content settings/JavaScript and then add www.techinferno.com to the block list, it will block it on all their pages.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Just updated OP

4. ShadowsNight

ShadowsNight Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    "None of the technology we test on this website will ever adversely affect our end users as we try to keep it minimal and out of sight so that our users can maximize their enjoyment of Tech|Inferno without the typical advertisements cluttering their screens"

Well then I guess my 3.5Gh/s i7 sitting at 99% on one tab and my mouse jumping around the screen while I'm trying to figure out whats going on isn't adversely affecting me and is way better than typical advertisements, thanks for clearing that up XD what sort of whack job thinks this is ok!

Thanks for the follow up @hacktrix2006

Arrrrbol likes this.
  5. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    The sort of whack job that doesn't have morels or a soul. Just told them to delete my account again, with a where to stick it. I have reported the site to for malware as its acting like one big malware.

I am glad to help out a site that doesn't treat its users badly.

What makes me mad is I used to have a project site with only 1 donation button and 3 non evasive ads that earned nothing as it was a banner system.

Yet Techinferno has a store, crypto miner and premium user monthly subscription to just download a file now. If that doesn't say that don't give two rats about their users system and only in it for the money well.

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Wow, this is ludicrous. I cannot believe it. It went from bad (abusing their own moderators and stealing from the contributors that were the sole reason Tech|Inferno was relevant) to drive-by malware dropping on innocent bystanders? Absolutely NUTS! I wonder if they are going to use subscriber zombie systems for a DDoS attack next, or what... unbelievable.

Dr. AMK, DreDre, TBoneSan and 2 others like this.
  7. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    I know right yet they try to make themselves look good while screwing their user base over, it wouldn't surprise me if they loose their user base out right due to it. It will then serve themselves right.

I have now left that site and they have followed through with my request to remove my account from their site. I will not support them anymore.

As for DDOS attacks I am not sure as they are using a miner for crypto currency which uses 100% off user resources. But knowing how low they have gone thus far I wouldn't put I past them.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

8. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Shady place got shadier. Didnt come as a surprise!

But seriously, thank you for the heads up!

Dr. AMK, Mr. Fox, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  9. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    No problem, though it was important to share how low they went. After all you guys helped me.

10. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder how many users techinfernois going to lose because of that, I wouldn't even be surpsied if the site would die within te next couple of years.