If your MSI notebook has micro-stutters or mouse-pointer-freezes, try this.

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Prototime, Dec 2, 2016.

?

Do you experience micro-stuttering/mouse-pointer-freezing on your MSI laptop?

1. Yes, it happens frequently, even while gaming.

18.4%
  2. Yes, it happens frequently, but never while gaming.

18.4%
  3. Yes, it happens occasionally, even while gaming.

10.5%
  4. Yes, it happens occasionally, but never while gaming.

23.7%
  5. Yes, it happens rarely or only under certain circumstances, such as when a certain program runs, etc

7.9%
  6. Not at all.

21.1%
  1. plee82

plee82 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This sooooo much!! I figures this out a few weeks ago. One night my drive entered power saving mode and got a 10 sec freeze during a team fight in a moba. Event Log displayed a warning reset istora raid:0 or something like that. After a lot of research I found this setting. I am guessing my C drive entered sleep mode since all my games are in the D drive.

Midas Touch and Prototime like this.
  2. lizardking88mph

lizardking88mph Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Digging up an old thread here. I just bought a GT83VR with a Killer 1535 wlan card in it. I have a logitech wireless gaming mouse and it would not work if I plugged the dongle on the left side USB ports(very close to where the wlan card is installed). The right side USB ports work perfectly with the wireless mouse. Now a corded mouse worked on any port. Not sure if this is helpful or even the same thing as what everyone else has experienced, but couldn't find anyone with my same exact symptom with a GT83VR in any other forum. Maybe this will help someone. :)

Thanks,

Matt

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which mouse?
    A G403 or G900/G903? None of the left side USB ports work? Does the mouse receiver get detected or does the mouse even move?

4. nightpanda2810

nightpanda2810 Newbie

Reputations:
    Interesting find. I have a bluetooth mouse that I occasionally have connection and stuttering issues with, and I bet it's related. Guess I really should order a card lol.

5. lizardking88mph

Reputations:
    It's a G900 mouse. The 3 ports on the left, if I plug in the receiver work, but it gets choppy and freezes. Ports on the right, no problems at all. A wired mouse on any ports(left or right), no problems.

I also tried a completely different wireless mouse on the left ports. It was a Logitech M510. Cursor doesn't move at all(maybe a weaker signal from the mouse).

This points to interference with the wlan card IMHO. but it looks like replacing it might be a real pain. :( .

Other than that, my new GT83VR 6RE seems to be a solid machine. I did have it crash on me once while playing GTA V for about an hour though. Screen went completely white, made a loud buzzing sound, & rebooted itself. Hopefully that was a freak occurrence!

6. plee82

Reputations:
    White screen and reboot? What is the gpu on this?

7. lizardking88mph

Reputations:
    Dual GTX 1070's in SLI.

I think I've heard of GTX 1070's crashing on the GT73VR. There's virtually nothing about it on a GT83VR. Anyway, hopefully it was a one time glitch!

I thought about returning my new laptop for the mouse issue(cause I've never seen this), but after reading other things around here, I might be lucky that this is all mine is doing. This might be a gold nugget. :)

8. plee82

Reputations:
    Run fans at max speed and let your gpu temp fall to less than 40C. Then run Heaven at Basic settings. This will trigger boost 3.0, see if your laptop reboots.

9. tiliarou

tiliarou Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No need to physically replace the card on my GT72... just don't install killer suite as is ! Use the driver only version and install it via windows devices manager.

Prototime likes this.
  10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @lizardking88mph

Is this an Intel or Killer wireless 1525 card? Sorry if I missed the wifi card. (edit: killer i saw)
    I just tested my G900 wireless receiver with the G900 and plugged into the back left port and there were no problems at all. (the mouse was on the right side of the PC). I have an Intel 8265.