If you were to be sent to some unknown, hostile planet and you were allowed to take 1 fire-arm, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mobius 1, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Good, now you want to send all the hostile creatures to Earth :D.

2. HopelesslyFaithful

HopelesslyFaithful Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I am going off of what the DOD was saying during their process of selecting new rounds and weapons for the military. From what they were saying the 5.56 has better range for whatever reason and the 6.xx was what they were looking at for a new round. I don't really remember this was a year or two ago when i read about this.

horrible stance for shooting lol.

Also who ever picked a 50.cal how are you going to carry that? I mean yea i would like that too but you simply can't carry it with weapon + barrel + 200 rounds lol thats like 100 pounds. If you can take a weapon that was not portable i would go with a mk19 because it has 2 inch armor penetration and awesome shrapnel capabilities. 50% kill for 5m and 50% causality for 15m :) plus decent range of 1500m :)

3. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    50.cal is portable, I was in the Marines we carry stuff like that all the time.

However I would mostly just use it as base defense.

P.S. you cant send monsters to earth with portal gun, but you can send them from earth to the moon :D

4. makaveli72

makaveli72 Eat.My.Shorts

Reputations:
    Don't know much about guns but I'll say a Shotgun, seems to be very effective on MW3.

5. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:
    I put an AK-74's muzzle break on my AK-47 and it only has slightly more recoil than my M-4 A3. Before that, it had the standard flash hider and the recoil gets tiring after about 60 rounds. As for weight, I wouldn't say twice as heavy. Maybe 1 lbs more with full 30rnd clip. But my M4 in its current configuration actually weighs slightly more than my AK 47. M4 has dual mags and a mag pouch on the telescoping stock. That accounts for the extra weight. Optics is Aimpoint compML2. But think of how many more rounds I can carry as compared to the AK-47.

For soft tissue damage, the 5.56 FMJ is better than the AK's 7.62x39. It fragments better and flies faster. Especially the 55 grain. But the 62grain is just as well.

And not for nothing, the AR-15/M16/M4 is more accurate than the AK past 50 yrds.

6. HopelesslyFaithful

HopelesslyFaithful Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    you can not carry a 50.cal and barrel and shoot it....its heavy enough to carry separated but both please. That is the standard BS i would expect to hear out of a Marine saying "I can carry it together up hills and over mountains...its light."

I would love to see you carry around a 84 lb machine gun....oh yea and include the 200 rounds, which would be lopsided and awkward as all get out.

7. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Yes, but you reckoned without Vicious and his collection of pink heart-shaped helium balloons tied to it :p

On a related note, how about the XM8?

[​IMG]

All the aliens would be going "D'awww!"...

8. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    Firearm discussions are allowed on this forum????

9. Diablo

Diablo Metalhead

Reputations:
    multiple mods posting in this thread....imma have to go ahead and say yes. ;)

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I should get a cheap XM8 airsoft and paint it pink just like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.