If you were to be sent to some unknown, hostile planet and you were allowed to take 1 fire-arm, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mobius 1, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferrari

Ferrari Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    sure :rolleyes:

2. HopelesslyFaithful

HopelesslyFaithful Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Gundum wing zero :p

really? I would go with either an AK or a mp44 AK cna shoot in nearly any condition and is a strong weapon or an MP44 because its 9mm and you can find rounds everywhere for that. Assuming its standard 9mm rounds....i thought it was.

3. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    The .223 is alright, it will kill if you get a good shot on. But no matter what you use, if you can't get a good shot on then no matter the caliber you lose.

I choose this:

[​IMG]

I know its not the quickest weapon, but for anyone who has hunted with both firearms and archery... They know archery is much more fun.

I've hit a lime size object from 20 yards, and from 80 yards I'm grouping around 5-6" diameter.

4. HopelesslyFaithful

HopelesslyFaithful Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    its 5.56 btw also they were talkign about getting a 6.22 or something it is in the middle which is supposed to be better because the 7.62 does not have a lot of range compared to a 5.56.

ERRR for a funny one i would want the BFG 3000 :)

BTW with a .224 its like a 22 cal lol sucks. I have to shoot possums and coons(sp?) with like 4 shots

5. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    I'd do the same as I'd to in games. Semi-auto (one bullet per squeeze of trigger), and it has to be large (5.56 won't cut it). Preferably something with a scope that'll let me shoot accurately from ranges of 300m+ (rather not get up close and personal), so maybe something like a dedicated marksmen rifle.

MK14 Mod 0 EBR:
    [​IMG]

Or if I need something that I know will stand to any sort of abuse, a Dragunov SVD
    [​IMG]

Might move up to a 2- or 3-round burst, so maybe an AN-94 with some sort of 4x scope?

6. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I use my Mini 14(.223) for killing livestock and coyotes and such. 1 shot kill usually.

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Master Viking NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I guess you can pick fake guns (like from games and stuff) so I would just go with something overpowered like the gun from Hard Reset :D

But to put in context real weapons I will go with a Barret 50 Cal w/ Sniper Scope

What ever it is, when I shoot it, its dying. Even if it has armor for skin :D

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Well, if we're going with fictional weapons as well, I might as well consider the .454 Casull handgun. 39cm long, 6kg unloaded, and seven shots of explosive .454 ammo.

[​IMG]

Now, if I wanted to be really insane, I could try wielding the Harkonnen Anti-Midian Cannon. 30mm DU or incendiary napalm ammo, 60kg unloaded, single-shot breech-loader. It's basically a single-shot A-10 Thunderbolt cannon with a trigger.

[​IMG]

Makes a .50cal look like a toy.

9. jotm

jotm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Only one gun on a distant planet, but unlimited ammo?

Damn. From the real world, i'd get the 7.62 AK-47 - as old as it is, this thing packs a lot of power and is practically indestructible. Or a SIG P226 with .40 S&W rounds - also very reliable.

From fiction - I don't even know. Probably the M-29 Incisor from Mass Effect 2 - I've gone through the whole game using that rifle like 80% of the time :)...

10. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    M134 Minigun...

AKA: Ol' Painless

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.