1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

If I just wanna take a picture...

Discussion in 'HP & Compaq' started by CyRu5, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyRu5

CyRu5 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How could I use my webcam to take a picture? On my WinXP pc, my webcam shows under -My Computer-, and i can double click on it, and take pictures from there. But here on my Vista laptop with built in webcam... there is no camera icon that I can find. My webcam works, ive used it to video chat via windows messenger.
    Should I download some extra software? If so, where can I get this software?

2. evolution46and2

evolution46and2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't know about XP, but in Vista, you enter QuickPlay and click on the Webcam. There is an icon to take a snapshot right next to the one that takes video. On the right of the screen there is an icon to save the selected file. It doesn't give you a location when you save it, but if you remember the name you gave it, you can do a search on your computer and find out where QuickPlay hides the pictures it saves. The folder directory will be different for you than it is for me. Let me know.

3. gusto5

gusto5 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you go into control panel, and then "webcams and something" or something along those lines about cameras and scanners, you should be able to call up your device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.