1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

IEWLOForm (What Is This?)

Discussion in 'HP & Compaq' started by v-4abrew, Sep 6, 2013.

1. v-4abrew

v-4abrew Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Capture.PNG

I keep getting this popup at least once a day without doing anything on the computer. I can not figure out what this is or where it is coming from. In fact, my computer is brand new not even 1 week old. Its the HP Envy 17-J029nr. Any idea's would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. Indrek

Indrek Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Some search results suggest it might be malware-related. I'd recommend a full scan with your antivirus, as well as MBAM.

3. v-4abrew

v-4abrew Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am using Eset Smart Security 6 and it did not find any at all. I also used MalwareBytes and again 0 found. It almost appears to be something from IE but I can't be sure. This has really got me stumped... Anymore idea's?

4. mkeezy

mkeezy Newbie

Reputations:
    The "IEWLOForm" is part od the HP Simple Pass software. It is part of the browser plugin which allows you to log into websites and sign onto your computer using the fingerprint reader. It is listed in your tasks manager as Internet Explorer Website Logon.

5. jullypham

jullypham Newbie

Reputations:
    How to turn off automatic apprear this box??, thanks